× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6.6.0 UPS alerts not sent

powellandy1
Virtuoso

@mdgm-ntgr - L3 have remoted into my 3 NASes over the weekend (under case 27517658)

A

Message 76 of 95
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

@slashdotted

Please try the pollinterval setting as @Michael_Oz suggested.  If this works for you, pollinterval is probably the most flexible fix for this since some UPS models may work with a setting of 10, while another may require a setting of 15, etc. and adding this to the UI would be simple and easy for users to understand.

Message 77 of 95
slashdotted
Aspirant

Ok, I've set pollinterval = 5 and the system seems fine (uptime 2h30m)... I will check again tomorrow morning (i.e. in ~12h) to see if everything is still ok.

Message 78 of 95
slashdotted
Aspirant

After 14 hours still running fine (with pollinterval = 5)

Man Happy

Message 79 of 95
powellandy1
Virtuoso

Heard back from L3 support. They have found and fixed a bug in libusb that will be in beta 3.

Message 80 of 95
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes.

Message 81 of 95
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please try ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T220 (Beta 3) which is now available.

Message 82 of 95
ScotsDon
Guide

@mdgm wrote:

Quick question - can anybody (i.e. myself) install the Beta 3 version?  Is it sufficiently stable?  I have an APC Back-UPS,405 Watts /700 VA connected by USB.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 83 of 95
StephenB
Guru

@ScotsDon wrote:

@mdgm wrote:

Quick question - can anybody (i.e. myself) install the Beta 3 version?  Is it sufficiently stable?  I have an APC Back-UPS,405 Watts /700 VA connected by USB.

It's an open beta, so anyone can download/install it.

I've had no issues with beta-2 stability on both ARM and X86 NAS.  I've installed beta-3, but it's too early to know how it compares.  The changes over beta-2 look very targetted, so I am expecting no stability problems.  But you never know, that's why there are betas.

Message 84 of 95
Michael_Oz
Luminary

@StephenB wrote:

It's an open beta, so anyone can download/install it.

So why does it say:

WARNINGS:

• Unless you are advised by NETGEAR Support in a support case to update to beta software, NETGEAR Support may deny support if you are running beta software. You can seek help here on the NETGEAR Community for issues encountered on the beta.
Message 85 of 95
StephenB
Guru

@Michael_Oz wrote:

So why does it say:

WARNINGS:

• Unless you are advised by NETGEAR Support in a support case to update to beta software, NETGEAR Support may deny support if you are running beta software. You can seek help here on the NETGEAR Community for issues encountered on the beta.

A better question for Netgear than me.  More than likely their process doesn't include keeping their world-wide support organization up to speed on every beta.  mdgm does work for Netgear, and he did request that you try it.  

6.6.1 beta can be downgraded back to production 6.6.0 if it doesn't work out for you.

Of course using it is totally up to you.  I always recommend keeping full up-to-date backups of your ReadyNAS, and that is particularly important if you are trying out beta firmware. 

Message 86 of 95
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Beta firmware whilst it has undergone some testing hasn't undergone the full QA cycle that a production release would go through.

Our support team is trained to deal with issues that come up on production releases, not issues that may come up as a result of trying betas.

The statement about this was added per support's request.

If you follow our recommended firmware upgrade procedure and update your regular backup before updating the firmware you do minimise any risk.

Message 87 of 95
Michael_Oz
Luminary

@mdgm wrote:

I had to wait for some jobs to complete, but upgraded to Beta3 on 21 Dec, so after a few days all seems well. Thanks.

Message 88 of 95
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There are further changes in ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T230 (Beta 4)

Message 89 of 95
powellandy1
Virtuoso

All working here, thanks.

Message 90 of 95
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

I see some of the fixes, and it looks good.  I've had a few of these other issues.  Incuding with the UPS, but not being able to install or update a program was right there in your face not working and so stands out more then the others to me.  Always glad to see the bugs getting fixed.

Message 91 of 95
Bigtom
Aspirant

Hi Guys,

It is reassuring to find that I am not the only one having this issue. - Is there any eta on the production relase of the updated firmware?

I am running a RN104 with a CyberPower BR850ELCD UPS and as discused in above posts have experienced both issues of the UPS not communicating with the NAS, sending emails out to me when activted, warning status displayed in front end UI and near Hard Shutdowns - all of which have occured AFTER the UPS cuts back over to mains power.

Keen to get the updated firmware installed as the NAS location is not manned.

Cheers,

Tom.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 92 of 95
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We're hoping to release the production release very soon, early next year in fact.

However with firmware updates it's difficult to put an ETA on things as our policy is to release firmware when it's ready. There's always the possibility that something could hold up a release.

We expect the production release will be very similar to Beta 4, but still with some notable differences unrelated to the UPS monitoring issue.

If you need the fix now I'd suggest installing ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T230 (Beta 4)

Message 93 of 95
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

If you need the fix now I'd suggest installing ReadyNASOS 6.6.1-T230 (Beta 4)

Beta 4 might not fix it btw - I am seeing failures with one cyberpower model on the 526X.

I get these messages in the system log every five seconds:

Dec 29 23:47:31 NAS upsmon[5952]: Poll UPS [UPS@localhost] failed - Driver not connected

with a less frequent message like this mixed in:
Dec 29 23:52:26 NAS upsd[5938]: Can't connect to UPS [UPS] (usbhid-ups-UPS): No such file or directory

I have other cyberpower models connected to OS6 NAS (also running beta 4) that have no problems at all.

Message 94 of 95
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Btw ReadyNAS OS 6.6.1 is now available!

In the unlikely event you still have problems on 6.6.1 please start a new thread.

Message 95 of 95
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements