× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.7.3 bricked my nas. 6.7.4 bought it back. Now my data is gone. All 4.2 TBs!

Fc_stains
Aspirant

6.7.3 bricked my nas. 6.7.4 bought it back. Now my data is gone. All 4.2 TBs!

After 6.7.3 firstly ruinded my nas os, on interface or apps, I ran a USB Recover serveral times, and it bricked the box. Not HD Acces, or lights from any drives put into the NAS.

Today, Sat, I tried again a USB Recovery with 6.7.4, as a last effort, and Yay! Got the NAS Box up and running.
Problem is, it says the raid fail to set, and there are no volumes. 4.2 terrabytes of data. Gone.
I had it set to redunant third drive and expanded volume. Now it says there is nothing there on any volumes, and one is spare. The admin page shows the drive as Red.

Anyway to recover my data? It was meant to be redundant protected? Or have I lost 100s of hrs of work, and media?
HELP! Please.

Thanks inadvance. 

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: 6.7.3 bricked my nas. 6.7.4 bought it back. Now my data is gone. All 4.2 TBs!

@Fc_stains wrote:

Also, I can not fot the life of me figure out how to DM rather than public post 😄

You must mean "PM" - private message.

The messages link is on the upper right of the forum pages.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 17

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 6.7.3 bricked my nas. 6.7.4 bought it back. Now my data is gone. All 4.2 TBs!

It goes without saying that important data should be backed up regularly rather than stored on just the one device.

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Two of your three disks are in an abnormal state.  Disks 1 and 3 have their capacity artifically limited by HPA (host protected area), which is not allowing the RAID to be assembled properly.

We should be able to fix that for you.  Just enable Secure Diagnostic Mode and PM me the 5-digit number.

Message 3 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Hi,

I have enabled secured diag mode via the web interface. Raidar was not enabling it when I clicked on the NAS Symbol 5 time.

All it lists is a port no.

Message 4 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Correction: I now have a debug code:

Message 5 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Also, I can not fot the life of me figure out how to DM rather than public post 😄

Message 6 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Fc_stains wrote:

You must mean "PM" - private message.

The messages link is on the upper right of the forum pages.

Message 7 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Thanks. I worked it out a few seconds later! 🙂
Still getting the hang of being active on this formum.

Message 8 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Ok, I have sent a PM with the details.

Thank you once again.

Message 9 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

I have removed the HPA lock from those two disks, and it your volume should be back to normal now.

Message 10 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Thank you so much. Saw there was some action on the box.

So, would it take long to exit booting mode?

Message 11 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

I wouldn't expect it to.  Is it still in that state?

Message 12 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Still stuck on Booting. Should I power it down and try a restart?

Message 13 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

See if you can re-enable Secure Diagnostic Mode using RAIDar.  Just keep clicking the device icon until the new button shows up.

Message 14 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

I did a forced shutdown as it was not getting anywhere. No access to any mode on the NAS.

Now it has the fan running, and is sitting at 81% on the booting status bar.
Just waiting to see if it continues.

Message 15 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Thank you for logging in and fixing the problem.
All your hard work helped me out.
You are the best!
😄

Message 16 of 17
Fc_stains
Aspirant

Thank you for fixing my NAS issues.
Skywalker is the best!
Drives recovered, all data intact.
Happy happy joy joy!

Model: RN31421D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements