× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6.9.2 to 6.9.5 update on RN424

BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

6.9.2 to 6.9.5 update on RN424

Greetings,

I have an RN424 with right around 30% free space and am running firmware 6.9.2,  I have 6.9.5 offered and I read the release notes and do not see any issues upgrading it. I want to upgrade before I expand capacity by adding 2 disks (one at a time) to the two unused bays and thought I should upgrade the bios first.

After searching the forum I did not see any major issues with 6.9.5 but just wanted to check.  I have been burned before as I do not participate in the beta program and just want stable firmware.

My backup RN104 is on 6.9.3 and is also offering 6.9.5 and will probably update that also.

To sneak in one off-topic question. Any downside to turning off DNLA if I only access my NAS via the shares?  I am adding two more Ironwolfs and still get the "disk access every minute even if no activity" noise on the RN424 and noticed DNLA was on. Maybe it is searching or something... Never did figure out the cause but with 2 more drives, it will be twice as loud.

Thanks!

BJB

Model: RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

6.9.5 is working out fine for me on my RN524x and RN526x.

@BJB wrote:

Any downside to turning off DNLA if I only access my NAS via the shares? 

There is no downside if you have no DLNA players.  If you aren't using DLNA, then you should turn it off.   

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

6.9.5 is working out fine for me on my RN524x and RN526x.

@BJB wrote:

Any downside to turning off DNLA if I only access my NAS via the shares? 

There is no downside if you have no DLNA players.  If you aren't using DLNA, then you should turn it off.   

Message 2 of 3
BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent, thanks.
BJB
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo