× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A few questions

connor25
Tutor

A few questions

When I set up Nas102 I didn't create users, to simplify things I just let everyone share as a closed wired network.  Would this be benificial to create users so they have to log in? also can you set this to login just once, or does this need to be done each time they reboot?

The Nas Drive itself can this have an audit of somekind, so if people move or delete files it shows who did this and when?

I have the nas drive to sleep at 8pm - 6am, is there anyway you can wake remotely like this?  

With the backup, if you auto eject the drive, does this stay ejected until the nas drive is rebooted?

Finally, how can you reset the nas drive without logging in from the outside?

I really appreciate any help here... Thanks

Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: A few questions

@connor25 wrote:

When I set up Nas102 I didn't create users, to simplify things I just let everyone share as a closed wired network.  Would this be benificial to create users so they have to log in? also can you set this to login just once, or does this need to be done each time they reboot?

Using Credentials Manager on Windows you can save the credentials

@connor25 wrote:

The Nas Drive itself can this have an audit of somekind, so if people move or delete files it shows who did this and when?

No, we don't do auditing.

@connor25 wrote:

I have the nas drive to sleep at 8pm - 6am, is there anyway you can wake remotely like this?  

This might be possible with Wake On LAN

@connor25 wrote:

With the backup, if you auto eject the drive, does this stay ejected until the nas drive is rebooted?

I haven't tested this, but I would assume so.

@connor25 wrote:

Finally, how can you reset the nas drive without logging in from the outside?

Please elaborate. What do you mean by reset? Reboot? OS Re-install? Reset to factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything)?

Doing things like this remotely (you can reboot and you can also do a factory default via the web admin interface) you would need to login.

Message 2 of 3
connor25
Tutor

Re: A few questions

Many thanks for your very helpful answers!

- I meant reboot Readynas from the outside i.e. a office worker could reboot without me logging in remotely from the front switches?

- With regard to backup, I wish to install a two week USB system i.e. one week it copies to USB Drive 1 and then one week it copies to USB Drive 2, this way the office manager can take home a USB drive every week ensuring should a fire occur or something that all the data will be safe.

The problem seems to be you have to eject the device by logging in to the browser to do this, as I personally manage the network remotely and only go in occasionally.

Any ideas on this bit?  Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements