× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ADDA FAN in the back means its a NV REV A?

armornone
Aspirant

ADDA FAN in the back means its a NV REV A?

Hello.

Does the Large " ADDA" fan on the back of the Readynas NV guarantee that the unit is a REV A Readynas NV model?

In other words, do the Readynas NV+ and the readynas NV REV B(with the fanless power supply) have that ADDA fan in the back with the golden color label.

Sorry for the weird question but these units look so identical, its hard to tell them apart. I can't stand the nose of the NV REV A models. Too loud!!

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ADDA FAN in the back means its a NV REV A?

I don't know the answer to your question but taking a look at http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/pre-sales/what_is_the_difference_between_the_readynas_nv_and_nv may help.
Message 2 of 5
armornone
Aspirant

Since the units look almost exactly the same. Many people will sell the NV units as NV+ units. I don't mean to offend anyone but the NV unit noise is just totally unacceptable for a household or small business environment unless you are working with a sound proof room. It has the loudest fan I ever seen. The previous X6 and 600 models which look like a toaster from the 1950 are quieter than the NV.

I own a ReadyNV and it had a ADDA fan in the back. I also own a ReadyNAS NV+ which does not have an ADDA fan. Someone is trying to sell me a Readynas with an ADDA fan in the back. I am wondering if this is a dead giveaway that it might be a NV instead of an NV+
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No LCD on front = Not NV+. With NV+ so cheap these days why buy second hand?
Message 4 of 5
PapaBear1
Guide

All of the 4 bay units have a 92mm fan. The original NV (Rev A) also had a small noisy 40mm fan in the PSU panel in the bottom. In an attempt to quiet the unit, they went with a fanless power supply so the NV Rev B and NV+ only have a single 92mm fan on the back. I'm sure that over the lengthy production run of the NV/NV+ there have been several different brands of fans procured for these units. Like all manufacturers, they will send out for quotes to various suppliers of parts every year or so. If a qualified vendor has a lower price, they will change suppliers for the next period of time.

For example the fan in my 4 year old NV+ is manufactured by Y.S. Tech, but my spare fan (purchased in Jan) is manufactured by Crown. That is the same manufacturer of the fans in my two NVX units. I don't think the presence of a specific brand of fan indicates a particular version of an NAS model.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements