× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AFP Out Of Date In OS X Lion

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

When logging in as guest you may not need to authenticate, so the authentication requirements of Lion may not apply. This would explain why it worked.
Message 151 of 162
eBiBy
Aspirant

True.

So we'll have to wait for RAIDiator 4.x where X > 1.7 🙂
Message 152 of 162
stannenb
Aspirant

"yohdah: @stannenb We'll have a release for x86 Wed. Sparc release will follow at a later date as we're working out some issues there.""
Message 153 of 162
Pixeltje
Aspirant

Is there any chance Netgear would give us any hint on a expected release date? I'm really eager to upgrade to Lion but, at the same time, really nead my time machine and AFP shares (on readynas NV+).
Message 154 of 162
sirozha
Aspirant

stannenb wrote:
"yohdah: @stannenb We'll have a release for x86 Wed. Sparc release will follow at a later date as we're working out some issues there.""

On the readynas.com web site it says that 4.2.18 was released on July 14, 2011. The release notes indicate that the AFP incompatibility with Lion was addressed in 4.2.18. So, what version are we looking for? Are we expecting something else today?
Message 155 of 162
bozotheclown1
Aspirant

Doesn't fix Timemachine support on my ReadyNAS DUO. Any ideas how to get that working again?

WhoCares? wrote:
Ok, here we go:

LionAFPd_2.1.3-rns-0.1.2.bin

Wfm,ymmv. Use at your own risk 😉 After installation make sure to manually restart the AFP service using Frontview: "Services" -> "Protocols". Just disable and when finished re-enable. That's it. Same goes for de-installation of the add-on.

-Stefan
Message 156 of 162
bollar
Aspirant

sirozha wrote:
stannenb wrote:

On the readynas.com web site it says that 4.2.18 was released on July 14, 2011. The release notes indicate that the AFP incompatibility with Lion was addressed in 4.2.18. So, what version are we looking for? Are we expecting something else today?

4.2.18 was just made available today -- despite the release date.
Message 157 of 162
bozotheclown1
Aspirant

I can't seem to find it for my ReadyNAS Duo. Any idea where to find it?

bollar wrote:
sirozha wrote:
stannenb wrote:

4.2.18 was just made available today -- despite the release date.
Message 158 of 162
bollar
Aspirant

bozotheclown wrote:

4.2.xx series is only for Intel versions of the ReadyNAS -- a version for SPARC, which is what your ReadyNAS needs, will come later -- as per what you quoted.
Message 159 of 162
bozotheclown1
Aspirant

I see and later is when? It kind of sucks that upgrading to Lion rendered my ReadyNAS useless because it uses an unsafe authentication method for AFP;)

bollar wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

4.2.xx series is only for Intel versions of the ReadyNAS -- a version for SPARC, which is what your ReadyNAS needs, will come later -- as per what you quoted.
Message 160 of 162
Aquaboy
Aspirant

Lion was released today.....
Thank you for the fix... 😄
Message 161 of 162
yoh-dah
Guide

Please read my post on readynas.com: http://www.readynas.com/?p=5742

I'll lock this topic so others can see this message.
Message 162 of 162
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements