× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Abort Upgrade Uploaded but Before Restart?

btaroli
Prodigy

Abort Upgrade Uploaded but Before Restart?

Got a friend who was so eager to upgrade his NV to support Lion that he uploaded the 4.1.8T5 beta... and then had second thoughts. Is there a way to unravel the staged upgrade so that it won't try applying upon restart? Tried searching forums for older answers on what I'm sure is something people have bumped up against, but came up with nada. Any suggestions or pointers are appreciated!
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Abort Upgrade Uploaded but Before Restart?

Do you have SSH access?
Message 2 of 9
btaroli
Prodigy

I'm not sure /he/ does, but that can easily be managed (just a few add-ons) if needed to resolve. 🙂 So, let's assume "yes" and go from there. 🙂 Just a few careful rm's I presume?
Message 3 of 9
TeknoJnky
Hero

well if does not already have ssh access, he is probably screwed... the ssh adon requires rebooting to enable
Message 4 of 9
btaroli
Prodigy

He confirms that he indeed had already enabled SSH some time ago. So that won't be a worry. Question is: where's the target path to mop up?
Message 5 of 9
TeknoJnky
Hero

I would look in the / or /tmp folders for files about the same size as the download
Message 6 of 9
btaroli
Prodigy

Indeed I suspect it has staged the file somewhere, but /where/ is the question. I don't have direct access to poke around. I may have to fire up my old NV+ and tinker a bit. It's been looking a bit forlorn under my desk. Perhaps it's time to take him out for a run and give him some love again.
Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

When you do an update via SSH (not recommended as the MD5 of the file isn't checked to see if it's correct) you'd do:
# cd /tmp
# wget http://www.readynas.com/download/beta/raidiator/4.1.8/RAIDiator-4.1.8-T5
# echo /tmp/RAIDiator-4.1.8-T5 > /.cf_update_in_progress
# reboot

So if you have a /.cf_update_in_progress file I'd remove that.
Message 8 of 9
btaroli
Prodigy

Have passed along the suggestion and will poke around with it some myself tonight. Thanks! I'll update once he confirms his status, or if I learn anything interesting. 🙂

:naskiller:
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements