× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Accessing ReadyNAS Shares in Windows

jamesrevans
Follower

Accessing ReadyNAS Shares in Windows

Having spent many hours trying to get my Windows PC to connect to my READYNAS shares I thought it would be useful to point this out - (My issue was solved by this)

Problem

New ReadyNAS system, all working but I could only access it via the web, is ReadyCloud, the system would show in windows explorer  and was found by RaidR but I received windows network errors when trying to access the folders via SMB etc ie mount the folders.

Having searched the web, I tried amonst others

- Turning off IPv6 networking

- Turning share permissions on and off

- Setting a static IP for the system

- Turning off windows firewall off and on

Solution

I eventually discovered this post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-Duo-v2-amp-Windows-10/td-p/973595

Which identifies the issue as relating to "Windows Credentials" - I have added my user account to the "Windows Credentials" system and my shares are now accessible.

Kudos to this post and I hope this saves you the hours I spent trying to get it working.

My next issue is getting the Android app to show my shares .....at the moment it shows as disconnected ....

Windows 10

RN204

Model: RN20400|4BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Accessing ReadyNAS Shares in Windows

Hello jamesrevans,

Welcome to the community!

I am glad to hear you were able to get working as it should. 

Thank you for sharing your experience and solution. We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Accessing ReadyNAS Shares in Windows

Hi jamesrevans,

Thanks for your contribution to the community. We hope that you will continue to share suggestions, post questions and be a helpful resource.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements