× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Accessing ReadyNAS through File Explorer

JamesECM
Aspirant

Accessing ReadyNAS through File Explorer

When I try to access my ReadyNAS drive I get the following message, depending on where I am trying to access it from.  Can someone help please?

ReadyNAS Error.PNGReadyNAS Error 2.PNG

Many thanks,

James.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Accessing ReadyNAS through File Explorer

Try using the NAS IP address instead of the name.  Many people, myself included, are experiencing problems using names with Win10 and nobody seems to have put a finger on the cause.  If that works, you can add the name and IP address to the HOSTS file and then the name will work.   Just Google "Windows hosts file".

Message 2 of 6
JamesECM
Aspirant

Even though I am the administrator on this PC I cannot save the hosts file.  It just wants to create a copy every time.

I dont want to create a copy and remove the old hosts and bust something else...

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Did you edit it with an editor run as administrator, as every decent Google article about it will tell you?  "Being an administrator" is not the same thing as running as "administrator".

Message 4 of 6
JamesECM
Aspirant

I have now added the ReadyNAS to the hosts file.  Its still not working, and I have the same errors.

I also tried connecting to the IP but that's not suitable for my other users.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@JamesECM wrote:

When I try to access my ReadyNAS drive I get the following message, depending on where I am trying to access it from

Does this mean that you sometimes do get access?

Can you explain more about where it works and where it doesn't?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements