× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Active Directory access to Domain Administrator broken after 6.9.0 Firmware update.

Digithead
Aspirant

Active Directory access to Domain Administrator broken after 6.9.0 Firmware update.

So we recently purchased the ReadyNAS 214(it arrived 10-20-217) for the office. I initially updated it to the latest firmware. After the array build completed I 'joined' it to the Active Directory domain, created a single SMB share and gave the Domain Administrator account and the Domain Admins Security Group Read/Write access to it. The 2012 Domain Member server has been able to use Macrium Reflect to do full bare-metal and differential backups to it until yesterday's 6.9.0 firmware update. Now... no matter, it can no longer touch the share at ALL.

Have I now LOST all of the backup data?! How do I FIX this??

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Active Directory access to Domain Administrator broken after 6.9.0 Firmware update.

I use mine for backups, and this AM I had alot of emails about failed backups.  I updated to 6.9.0 yesterday.  All I did was reboot and all is well, and I have a ReadyNAS 3130 and ReadyNAS 4312, both had the same issues.  Fingers Crossed for you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Very similiar to my issue....well I rebooted the dam thing this AM...and now all is good.

Message 2 of 6
Digithead
Aspirant

Did try that... I even rebooted the server. But once I get into the office I'll try rebooting the ReadyNAS again and see what happens. Although I DO LOVE these things... this particular problem scares the crap out of me...  😞

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I use mine for backups, and this AM I had alot of emails about failed backups.  I updated to 6.9.0 yesterday.  All I did was reboot and all is well, and I have a ReadyNAS 3130 and ReadyNAS 4312, both had the same issues.  Fingers Crossed for you.

Message 4 of 6
Digithead
Aspirant

Yup! That did the trick! Whew!!! I'm re-running last night's differential backup as we speak. Thanks man.

Message 5 of 6
VantageITGuy
Initiate

(Digithead here from our new Netgear account for the company). This did indeed solve the problem. The differential backup succeeded this time after re-running it. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements