× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Active Directory users showing as numbers

PipingRockIT
Aspirant

Active Directory users showing as numbers

We have our readynas linked to our active directory, but all of a sudden users were not able to access shares they had permission to. When checking the user names were changed to random numbers.  I was able to reassign the permission, but I'd like to know why this happened and how to fix so I don't have to go through and redo every single user permission again.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PipingRockIT,

Were you able to get the logs when that issue happened? If yes, can you provide me the logs so we can check. You may send the logs by uploading it to a cloud storage site then send me the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
PipingRockIT
Aspirant

I don't see anything in the logs that would indicate an issue. I'll send them over.

Message 3 of 4
mgtlux
Aspirant

Following Thread....

This happened to me and it happened after I performed the latest firmware update to 6.10.4

Our NAS is connected to our AD environment and we synchronize groups/users. After the firware, all NT ID references changed over to 5 digit numbers and all users are complaining they lost access.  I went in and add users (NT ID/Groups) back to the shares along side the numbered user references.  I was able to recreate permissions (luckily they are pretty straightforward for us), however there is no way to re--create the permissions for the users home drive.  Need some help/options on how to reset/recreate those Home Drive permissions.

FYI, there was nothing in the logs showing errors, warnings or information related to this.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mark

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements