× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Added a New NAS

raafadgie
Aspirant

Added a New NAS

Just added an RN422 with 2 x 10TB Seagate HDDs to my current RN312 with 2 x 6Tb WDs. Have connected them together via Network cable on Network 2 but they both won't show. Only one will. I want them both to show and be able to use them without having to disconnect one each time I use them. Any help appreciated.

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: Added a New NAS

@raafadgie wrote:

Just added an RN422 with 2 x 10TB Seagate HDDs to my current RN312 with 2 x 6Tb WDs. Have connected them together via Network cable on Network 2

A RN422 is a NAS, not an expansion chassis. Connect both NASes on your network as individual devices and you'll see both of them. Use RAIDar to discover the NAS on the network if necessary.

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@raafadgie wrote:

Have connected them together via Network cable on Network 2 but they both won't show. Only one will. 

I am not completely sure on the connection topology.

Normally you would connect both of the NAS to your router (or switch) and not connect them to each other.

Message 2 of 3
jak0lantash
Mentor

@raafadgie wrote:

Just added an RN422 with 2 x 10TB Seagate HDDs to my current RN312 with 2 x 6Tb WDs. Have connected them together via Network cable on Network 2

A RN422 is a NAS, not an expansion chassis. Connect both NASes on your network as individual devices and you'll see both of them. Use RAIDar to discover the NAS on the network if necessary.

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements