× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adding a new hard drive to NAS

MJP1966
Follower

Adding a new hard drive to NAS

I have an older ReadyNAS device that has been working great.  It is configured with 3 x 1TB dribes in FLEX-RAID mode in RAID 0 ( essentially have 3 seperate volumes, one for each drive). I have added a 4th 1TB drive. The machine sees it in RAIDir software (tried both 5.1.3 and 4.3.8). I when I go to setup a new share for the 4th drive, there is no VOLUME available to assign the share. There doesn't seem to be a way to create a new volume for the 4th drive I can find either in ReadyNAS Dashboard v1.0.0.271 that loads when I hit the "SETUP" button in the RAIDir software.  I thought a volume would have been setup, but nothing shows up under the "Volume" group under Configure -> System (just shows the 3 original volumes). 

Included a file with view of the Configure Screen on Dashboard if that helps any.

Looked around articles with no help and none of the documentation talks about this. 

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

MJP

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MJP1966,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried removing and re-inserting the 4th drive and see if you can create a new volume?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MJP1966,

Do you still need help on this issue? Feel free to update this thread if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements