× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Admin page issue after upgrade

tec-man
Guide

Admin page issue after upgrade

I have 2 and 4 bay NAS drives.  I upgraded from 6.9.2 arm to 6.9.3 arm.  Upgrade proceeded normally.  After reboot the splash screen indicated 6.9.3 and then "Connection to ReadyNAD Admin Page".  The indicator completes, back to the splash screen and repeats the "Connection to..." page.  This will continue repeatedly with no end.  The drive can be accessed and perform normally, but you can not get to the Admin page as it keeps resetting the page.  ALL of my drives that were upgraded re doing the same thing.  I have rebooted and powered down, cleared browser cache, use Firefox and tried IE as well.  All with the same result.

Anyone have any ideas to clear this Admin page issue ?

Paul

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 51
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for the inconvenience, engineer will contact you to help check the issue. 

Message 2 of 51
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Could you please clear the browser's cache and cookies and launch the admin UI again?

Message 3 of 51
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello tec-man

can you download system logs from Raidar and send it to nsbu_logs@netgear.com?I want to take a look middleware logs to determine the issue.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-COMMON/RAIDar_6.3.0.exe

Message 4 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for sending the logs. As you're having problems with this on multiple units can you send the logs from all of the units displaying these symptoms on 6.9.3 not just one. The problem you're facing may/may not be the same on all units. If it is the same having logs from different units may still help with identifying the root cause.

Message 5 of 51
tec-man
Guide

Problem solved.

(Moderator) Bryan followed up with me.  Using device logs and then remoting in he was able to solve the problem.

Great support from Netgear on the issue.

paul

Message 6 of 51
Magnus_J
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue. What was the solution?

Thanks

//Magnus

Model: RN21241D|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay
Message 7 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you download your logs using RAIDar as well and send those in please?

Message 8 of 51
Magnus_J
Aspirant

OK, I will be onsite Thursday next week.

Message 9 of 51
tec-man
Guide

I do not know what was done.  Bryan remoted in and must have made changes to code or parameters.

paul

Message 10 of 51
Rolf-de
Aspirant

Hello, same problem here.

Logs were sent to Slas but we have no connection to the web and so it can't be remote connected.

Is there a solution without connecting remote to the NAS?

Rolf

Message 11 of 51
tec-man
Guide

It was indicated that the fix will be in the next update 6.9.4

paul

Message 12 of 51
Rolf-de
Aspirant

That's no good solution, because my NAS can't be updated anymore, neither by USB-recovery nor by https://Readynas IP/fwbroker (Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /fwbroker on this server).

I hope there is another solution.

Rolf

Message 13 of 51
StephenB
Guru

If you have a scratch disk, can you try

• zeroing the scratch disk
  • powering down
  • removing current disks (labeling by slot)
  • installing the scratch disk by itself
  • powering up the NAS

The NAS should do a factory install on the scratch disk.  It'd be useful to know what firmware it installs.

@Rolf-de wrote:

neither by USB-recovery nor by https://Readynas IP/fwbroker (Forbidden, You don't have permission to access /fwbroker on this server). 

USB recovery generally is only needed for specialized situations- usually it's not something to try first.  The error message on fwbroker is unusual.  Is your browser set to automatically apply credentials when you access the NAS? 

You will get an error if you use http://Readynas IP/fwbroker, but not that one.  Still it might be helpful to double-check that you are using https.

Message 14 of 51
Rolf-de
Aspirant

Hello StephenB,

thank you for your reply.

I'll do this next week, because now I'm in weekend and have no acces to the NAS.

I'm quite sure it will be the 6.9.3 cause Slas has already checked the Log-files.

He found the following errors:

Mar 07 13:07:58 NAS-316 kernel: traps: readynasd[14708] general protection ip:7f8340bcd19a sp:7f8307ffe060 error:0 in libc-2.19.so[7f8340b54000+1a1000]
Mar 07 13:09:50 NAS-316 kernel: traps: readynasd[18104] general protection ip:7f0c84ca919a sp:7f0c62ffc060 error:0 in libc-2.19.so[7f0c84c30000+1a1000]
Mar 07 13:16:58 NAS-316 kernel: traps: readynasd[25014] general protection ip:7fde3305319a sp:7fde117f9060 error:0 in libc-2.19.so[7fde32fda000+1a1000]
Mar 07 13:22:53 NAS-316 kernel: traps: readynasd[3617] general protection ip:7f166865019a sp:7f16367fb060 error:0 in libc-2.19.so[7f16685d7000+1a1000]

My browser should automatically apply credentials. I even have installed the certificate, that the NAS created.

I tried both, http and https. Both had the same error. It's strange cause anything else on this NAS works very well, i can see all data in explorer and can write in directorys even the NAS is doing it's recovery job. I only can't access the main page.

I'll try your advice next week.

Thank you.

Rolf

Message 15 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's a very different error to what the logs for tec-man's system showed so your problem is likely different. There weren't general protection faults in his logs.

You're welcome to send us your logs too if you like (see the instructions for sending the zip file - I presume you downloaded it using RAIDar - in the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 16 of 51
chsu
Aspirant

I too am experiencing the admin page issue. I am uploading logs to you shortly. Hope this helps. Thank you. 

edit: the admin page worked for a little while after a few reloads, I was happy for a few moments but then it started reloading again after clicking through a few items. 

Message 17 of 51
Jürgen
Aspirant

Betreff: Admin page issue after upgrade

I have the same problem. After rebooting the volume is inactive and so all shares are not reachable anymore.

I tried disk-check via boot-menu and afterwards I could at least reach the admin-page again. But it shows now that volume is inactive and volume-usage is at 100%. What can I do?

Juergen

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 18 of 51
Jürgen
Aspirant

Betreff: Admin page issue after upgrade (RN2120v4, volume now at 100%)

I have the same problem. After rebooting the volume is inactive and so all shares are not reachable anymore.

I tried disk-check via boot-menu and afterwards I could at least reach the admin-page again. But it shows now that volume is inactive and volume-usage is at 100%. What can I do?

Juergen

ReadyNAS2120v2 with 4x 4TB

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 19 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Jürgen do you have a backup?

You can send your logs in if you like (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).
Message 20 of 51
Jürgen
Aspirant

I have a backup on my old RN2100, but because that one has smaller HDUs, not of all shares. I have a backup of only the most important data.

As I do backups of my MacOS-clients also on USB-HDUs I could live with loosing the share "Backup" on my 2120, bu therefore recover the rest, if possible in any way.

Message 21 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In that case you should contact support.

Message 22 of 51
Magnus_J
Aspirant

Hi,

I have sent the logs now.

//Magnus

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 23 of 51
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I've sent you a suggestion to try.

Message 24 of 51
enzofusion
Aspirant

I am having the same issue after upgrading to 6.9.3

- Admin page does not load

- Cant download logs from RAIDar

- FWbroker says i dont have permissions to access...

Really dissapointing for a NAS.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 25 of 51
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements