× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin page missing bug.

ryanrk
Apprentice

Admin page missing bug.

So I'm able to duplicate this 3 times. So I think it's an issue.

I have a out of a box ReadyNas 516 with 6.2.2 (just got it). I have 5 drives in the 6 bays. Do a Factory restore, the NAS is still restriping the 5 drives. Go to addon's and install Contacts and Calendars Server. After Contacts and Calendars Server is installed, uninstall it. It will take out the whole admin pages (https://<nas ip>/admin). You won't be able to access those pages anymore. nfs, cifs, apf all still work with your shares, you just don't have any admin pages. I tried to solve this by a os reinstall and that didn't fix it, had to do a factory reinstall.

Since this unit is brand new I was in the process of transferring data over from my other NAS when this happened.

I'm a software developer and can't leave well enough alone I decided to see if I can reproduce this again. I was able to. I tried uninstalling other apps to see if it's just the Contacts and Calendars Server but they all seem to work correct (note: i did bittorrent sync and python). I think the Contacts and Calendar server seems to uninstall a little more then it should.

If you have any more questions let me know.
Ryan
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Admin page missing bug.

This is a known issue which others have seen.

When some apps are uninstalled a symlink is left behind in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled which prevents apache2 from working.

If you are comfortable with SSH and have this enabled before running into the issue it can be fixed quickly.

Our engineers have reproduced the issue and a fix is in the next release.
Message 2 of 4
ryanrk
Apprentice

Is this bug on addons that use the system apache server? I'm guessing tiny-rss would have this issue also?
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

apache is the service we use to provide the http/s server. Some, but not all apps are affected. It would be best to wait for the next firmware release before uninstalling any more apps.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements