× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: After being idle but powered up for an extended time the NAS is not visible or accessible.

awowen
Aspirant

After being idle but powered up for an extended time the NAS is not visible or accessible.

After being idle but powered up for an extended time the NAS is not visible or accessible. Received this error message from Netgear: CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. Any ideas?

Model: ReadyNAS RN12T1230v2|ReadyNAS 4200v2, ReadyNAS RND2120|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: After being idle but powered up for an extended time the NAS is not visible or accessible.

Which ReadyNAS, and what firmware is it running?

Also, visible/accessible to what?  ReadyCloud, or something else?

Message 2 of 4
awowen
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. After casting about blindly I finally got ReadyCloud visibility and was able to download latest firmware. I am seeing "synchronization offline on my desktop documents folder. Als, to make things worse, I have forgotten the admin password for the NAS.

Model: RN212D22|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@awowen wrote:

to make things worse, I have forgotten the admin password for the NAS.

I'm a bit confused here, since you'd have needed the admin password to install the current firmware (6.9.1 btw).  So perhaps look in your browser's password management, and see if it is stored there.

Assuming it is lost, you can reset the password back to password by doing an OS-reinstall. This won't affect your data.  The procedure is in the hardware manual on page 52 ( http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf ).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements