× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After firmware update to 6.10.3 I am repeatedly logged out of GUI

Maeve1956
Aspirant

After firmware update to 6.10.3 I am repeatedly logged out of GUI

I have a ReadyNAS 204, and a few weeks ago I was prompted to install the latest firmware version 6.10.3.  I did this successfully, or so it appeared, as I got no errors.  But ever since then, whenever I log in as "admin", it logs me in as usual and then within seconds of displaying the Admin page it kicks me out and I have to log in again.  Once I am back in, if I click on any of the tabs, such as "Backup", it logs me out again.  Usually by the third or fourth time I log in as "admin" it stops doing this. 

It never did this before I upgraded to 6.10.3 firmware.  I have not changed anything on the NAS itself.  I don't remember what the firmware version was before the upgrade, but it was whatever the previous version was.

I am running the GUI on a desktop computer with Windows 10 Pro, using Firefox 76.0.1 (latest version).

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting kicked out of the admin page and have to keep logging back in?

Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Re: After firmware update to 6.10.3 I am repeatedly logged out of GUI

Does this happen with other browsers?

Also, does it happen if you log in from a private browsing window?

Message 2 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

Any messages in the log regarding a full OS partition?

Message 3 of 10
Maeve1956
Aspirant

I only use Firefox.  I have no other browsers installed.

Message 4 of 10
Maeve1956
Aspirant

No such message.  Other than shares and backup jobs being created, and backups running successfully, the only message in the log relates to the firmware update.

May 07, 2020 02:19:08 AM System: ReadyNASOS background service started.

May 07, 2020 02:19:06 AM System: External storage device connected.

May 07, 2020 02:18:52 AM System: Firmware was upgraded to 6.10.3.

May 07, 2020 02:14:27 AM System: The system is rebooting.

The NAS is RAID 10, with  8.30TB of 14.54TB free.

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Maeve1956 wrote:

I only use Firefox.  I have no other browsers installed.

Well, did you try a private window?

Message 6 of 10
Maeve1956
Aspirant

I did not try a private window until this afternoon, and it did not kick me out as it usually does.  I have only tried it once, but will keep trying to see if this is a fix.

Why would that make a difference?  I was not using private mode before the firmware update, so something has changed.  I would prefer not to have to remember to open the link in private mode every single time.

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Maeve1956 wrote:

I did not try a private window until this afternoon, and it did not kick me out as it usually does.  I have only tried it once, but will keep trying to see if this is a fix.

Why would that make a difference?  I was not using private mode before the firmware update, so something has changed.  I would prefer not to have to remember to open the link in private mode every single time.

Private mode doesn't apply any saved passwords, cookies, or cached data.

You can try clearing the firefox's web cache first, and see if that solves it. 

Message 8 of 10
Maeve1956
Aspirant

I automatically clean the Firefox web cache every time I boot the computer and log into Windows, which is every morning.  At the same time I clean out cookies, and I don't save any passwords.

What concerns me is that I didn't need to use private mode before the firmware update, so if I need to use it now, then something has changed in the software which I can only call a bug, since I now have to jump through hoops to make it work.

I'm attaching an image of what I see on screen within 5-10 seconds of logging in and trying to administer something, such as backup schedules.  I log in again, and it happens again within 5-10 seconds.  Third time I log in is usually the charm, and it sticks.   It says:

Your Admin Page session has ended.

Your ReadyNAS Admin Page session has ended either because you logged out, or the Admin Page was idle for a while........

However, I have NOT logged out and I have NOT been idle. 

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@Maeve1956 wrote:

I automatically clean the Firefox web cache every time I boot the computer and log into Windows, which is every morning.  At the same time I clean out cookies, and I don't save any passwords.

Your Admin Page session has ended.

Your ReadyNAS Admin Page session has ended either because you logged out, or the Admin Page was idle for a while........

However, I have NOT logged out and I have NOT been idle. 

I'm not seeing this behavior with FireFox (currently running 77.0)

Do you have internet security software running on the PC?  If so, try disabling it.  

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements