× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After upgraded my RN104 to 6.5, I must firstly access my RN104 by ReadyCloud for windows

njbamboo
Aspirant

After upgraded my RN104 to 6.5, I must firstly access my RN104 by ReadyCloud for windows

Before I upgraded from OS 6.4.2 to OS 6.5.0, I can easily access any files or folders on RN104 by just typing "\\xxx-nas" (My RN104 was named as "xxx-nas") in windows explorer. But when I upgraded to OS 6.5.0 today, everything was different! I can not access my RN104 by my PC which is running on Windows10 although I can access to the admin page or find my device by RAIDar. Also I can still access to my RN104 by ES file explore(an Android app) after rescanning the network devices. It is also strange that before and after upgrade, I can always see the device icon in "my network". The different is I can not access by double click the "xxx-nas" icon after upgrade to OS 6.5.0. At last, I found a temporary solution. I reinstalled the latest ReadyCloud for windows. If I want to access my RN104, I must firstly sign in ReadyCloud, and I should open any folder on the RN104 through ReadyCloud once, then I can access my RN104 freely (I made a shortcut by add the "\\IP address", NOT "\\xxx-nas" in the address line) except clicking the "xxx-nas" icon in "my network"(still can not access by this method).

Could anybody help me to solve this problem? Sorry for my poor English.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: After upgraded my RN104 to 6.5, I must firstly access my RN104 by ReadyCloud for windows

Hello njbamboo,

Glad to hear it works now.

We appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Thank you for your contribution to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: After upgraded my RN104 to 6.5, I must firstly access my RN104 by ReadyCloud for windows

Is it only that \\nas-xxx that fails?  Or does \\nasipaddress also fail???

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello njbamboo,

Check the name of the ReadyNAS under Overview then try \\ followed by the name.

Do this after logging out the ReadyCloud desktop client.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
njbamboo
Aspirant

Thanks for all of your replies!
I think I have found the reason! This problem was caused by merging my readycloud account to mynetgear account. Therefore, the readycloud account has changed. I must edit the windows credential of "\\xxx-nas" in control panel of windows. By using the new readycloud username and password, I have solved this problem and now I can access the RN104 freely as usual.
Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello njbamboo,

Glad to hear it works now.

We appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Thank you for your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements