× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All Cloud Users can access all folders, but do not see any files

peco_haj
Aspirant

All Cloud Users can access all folders, but do not see any files

Dear all, I am using a ReadyNAS 104 (Firmware 6.9.4 Hotfix 1) within my company. 

We have some partners overseas, so I tried to give online (Cloud) access to everyone who needs access to our data.

The cloud users can log in and see all folders/shares just fine, but they can not see any data within the folders. 

Under "File Access" I granted read/write permission to "everyone", but it did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing the problem? Any help is highly appreciated. 

Model: ReadyNAS Remote|
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: All Cloud Users can access all folders, but do not see any files

@peco_haj wrote:

Under "File Access" I granted read/write permission to "everyone", but it did not solve the problem.

Try clicking the "reset" control on the file access page.  That will reset the permissions for all the files and subfolders to match the configuration.

Message 2 of 3
peco_haj
Aspirant

Re: All Cloud Users can access all folders, but do not see any files

Thank you for the tip, I will try that after everyone leaves the office today.

There is something really strange: I just created a new Cloud User to test if the problem still exists. This user can see all folders on the root level, but nothing beyond that. 

However: I created a new folder on root level last week, and only within this folder, the user can see and access all the files. Is there any explanation for that? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements