× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: All Sorts of Mavericks Problems?

coxo01
Aspirant

All Sorts of Mavericks Problems?

Hi,

Well basically i upgraded my iMac to Mavericks and I am now running into various types of problems with my ReadyNAS RN104 running the lastest firmware.

My problems are as follows:

1. When connected via SMB to the readynas and start to copy over files the NAS hangs and freezes. Hard Reboot of the NAS is required. Happening alot.
2. When connected via SMB to the readynas and start copy over files the file transfer starts fast, then completely freezes for about a minute and then resumes. Happening often.
3. When connected via SMB to the readynas and I copy over a 8GB movie I get a message that the file "can't be copied because it is too large for the volume's format" ??? How is this even possible. It never happened before. Sometimes a reset of the iMac and Nas solves the issue.
4. Can connect to the NAS over AFP (REALLY slow to connect) but cannot copy any file over and get a timeout error or error 50 i think.

Any ideas? Ive logged into the nas and looked at the disks etc and they are all healthy and working OK. This is driving me crazy!

Please help.

Thanks,

Alfonso
Message 1 of 8
Sn0wman23
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem. I am running Maverick and have a ReadyNas Duo with 2xWD WD20EARS 2TB Disks
Message 2 of 8
mdirvin
Aspirant

Thats strange. I have an iMac, probably one generation back. I had an Ultra-4 Plus, and a Pro-4 connected using AFP. I haven't noticed any difference after upgrading to 10.9. If anything I was thinking it was a bit faster. I did do a clean install, rather than an update. Not sure if that would make any difference except that you could see if there is any installed apps that are interfering with the connection.

Mike
Message 3 of 8
jocala1
Aspirant

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

I have a ReadyNAS Duo updated to 4.1.13 and Mavericks refuses to connect. No problems with a Mountain Lion Macbook Pro. Is there a fix for this?
Message 4 of 8
dughutch
Aspirant

Any update or solution to the Mavericks issues, please? I am getting "can't be copied because it is too large for the volume's format" errors when trying to copy files via AFP from an iMac running 10.9 to a ReadyNAS NVX running 4.2.25.
Message 5 of 8
xeltros
Apprentice

1°) 6.1.5 should help for this matter if you have a large volume of data, but also breaks USB3 ports.
2°) Same here, also happens on windows server 2012 and 2012R2 but it's more like 15-20sec than a minute for me.
3°) never got the problem since I got rid off every fat32 drive I had. Neither with maverick nor with windows server.
4°) Happens sometimes, most of the time when the NAS is under heavy load.
Message 6 of 8
dughutch
Aspirant

The unit is a ReadyNAS NVX and 6.x is not an option currently, only 4.x...

Also, there is no load present as I am the only user right now while testing. This is a weird error and did not show up before Mavericks.
Message 7 of 8
jocala1
Aspirant

My "no connect" problem went away. No idea why.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements