× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All of my files and directories just went missing on my NV+

maczmail
Aspirant

All of my files and directories just went missing on my NV+

I have a ReadyNas NV+ Running RAIDiator 4.1.13 [1.00a043] firmware which has, for no apparent reason, simply lost all of my files and directories.

sshing to the box, I can see the symlinks for my shares, but the data is gone.  The status shows:

Volume C:Offline, X-RAID, 4 disks, 17% of 1984 MB used

Resyncing and FSCKing don't appear to do anything.  Prior to loss, I had only a few GB free of 3 disks.  None of the drives appear to be offline.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Full logs are here if that helps: https://copy.com/mubGjWhkNiAHDfiC 

Message 1 of 7
rscosworth
Aspirant

Re: All of my files and directories just went missing on my NV+

Has happened at least twice to my ReadyNas NV+ V2, the only way to get it back is to SSH into it using putty and then moving all the data to a new share. There are some help topics out there on how to do this.

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@rscosworth wrote:

Has happened at least twice to my ReadyNas NV+ V2, the only way to get it back is to SSH into it using putty and then moving all the data to a new share. There are some help topics out there on how to do this.

I think OP is saying that the data doesn't show up with SSH either.

You might need per-incident support from Netgear.

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello maczmail,

Welcome to the community!

You are using a ReadyNAS NV+ Sparc based unit that must be already out of hardware warranty and support.

This may need data recovery service. Support has this service to offer too, please see ReadyNAS Data Recovery Diagnostics - Scope of Service article for more information.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
maczmail
Aspirant

What tools does the data recovery service use and how frequently are they successful at recovering data?  I need to determine how expensive and effective the service is compared to the value of the data lost.

Message 5 of 7
maczmail
Aspirant

Yep, you got it.  The 3 shares are symlinked to an empty location.  No data to move.

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@maczmail wrote:

What tools does the data recovery service use and how frequently are they successful at recovering data?  I need to determine how expensive and effective the service is compared to the value of the data lost.

Best to ask Netgear support.

You might not actually need data recovery, they might be able to mount your volume w/o that.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements