× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amazon Drive Unavailable in Admin - Cloud Settings Console

markfarr
Aspirant

Amazon Drive Unavailable in Admin - Cloud Settings Console

Hello,

I know my NAS is EOL, but I am running Raidar 6.9.3 on it, and I am hoping someone can help me figure out my problem.

In January of this year, I configured my ReadyNAS to upload and sync with Amazon cloud drive successfully. 

Today, I went to double check my sync settings, and I noticed that the "Amazon Drive" button is now in an "OFF" position, which I did not set.  When I try to enable it, I cannot move the button.  All other cloud services are accessible for configuration.

Interestingly, I also noticed that I am unable to check for updates from the System Overview landing page.  An error message appears that states "Cannot connect. Communication error. Check your Internet connection, DNS Settings, or proxy settings."

I feel the two problems are probably related.

Now I know the major change I did not my home network is that I enabled IPv6 internally.  But eth0 still has all its IPv4 settings.  I also confirmed from a SSH Session that I can ping out to the internet on IPv4 and IPv6 successfully.

I have also confirmed that name resolution is working for IPv4 and IPv6.

My questions are:

1) Is this related to IPv6?  doing a lookup of Amazon.ca returns only IPv4 addresses.

2) could someone share the URL that the "Check for Update" link connects to?

If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you

Mark.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6350|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Amazon Drive Unavailable in Admin - Cloud Settings Console

The obvious thing to try is to disable ipv6, and see if the problem resolves.

Have you done that?

Message 2 of 5
markfarr
Aspirant

Hi StephenB, thank you for replying quickly.

To be completely honest, I did not know I could disable IPv6.

I have done that now, and rebooted my NAS, and I am now able to check for updates again and I do see that the Amazon Cloud App and settings are back functioning again.  So we have confirmed the root cause of my issue.

So is this a problem with the Amazon cloud app?  Addressing the NAS over IPv6 works well so I know the NAS OS is ready for IPv6.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@markfarr wrote:

So is this a problem with the Amazon cloud app?  Addressing the NAS over IPv6 works well so I know the NAS OS is ready for IPv6.

IMO it is (it should fail over to IPv4 if IPv6 fails to connect).  

@mdgm-ntgr, could you make sure that this is entered as a bug for development to look into?

Message 4 of 5
markfarr
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

I wanted to give you an update.  I had IPv6 configured on both eth0 and eth1.  Eth0 going to my network, and eth1 going to a non-routable network.

I have enabled IPv6 on eth0 only, and the applications are behaving as expected.  I have left eth1 with IPv4 only.  For some reason, it looks like the NAS was preferring eth1 for outgoing connections unknown to me.

So I wanted to give an update before we waste a lot of engineering resources.

Thanks,

Mark.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements