× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Amazon Drive not turning on

eclark
Aspirant

Amazon Drive not turning on

I've been using Amazon Drive to back up my ReadyNas for over a year. I checked Amazon to make sure that everything was backed up, but saw that the backups stopped a few weeks ago. So, I went on my admin page for the ReadyNas and saw that "Amazon Drive backup" was set to off. I try to turn it back on by clicking the "off" button, but nothing happens - just a loading pinwheel pops up then is gone.

Could someone please help me figure out how to turn the synch back on? 

Thank you so much!!

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eclark,

Please try clearing the web browser cache and see if that will help. You may also try using a different web browser or a different computer for isolation.

Also is there a green check mark on both the Internet Available and Service Available?

Regards,

Message 2 of 21
eclark
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply John!

I have tried different computers, browsers, and cleared the cache. The "off" button still will not turn to "on." Yes, there is a green check make next ot both internet available and services available. I've also resarted the ReadyNas. 

I really appreciate the help - it's so frustrating that this isn't working!! Any other ideas?

Thank you for helping!!

Message 3 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eclark,

Can you trying assigning a static DNS on your NAS? You can use 8.8.8.8.

If it is still the same issue after assigning a static DNS, please download the system logs and then provide it to us. You may check this link for the procedure on how you can send it.

Regards,

Message 4 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eclark,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 21
eclark
Aspirant

I am sorry but I don't know how to assign a static DNS. It was recommended to me that I delete the permission to access my Ready Nas in my Amazon Account, and then re-connect it. I have done that, and now in the Cloud section of my ReadyNas admin a window should pop up asking me to connect my Ready Nas to the Amazon account - however it is not. 

Do you think it is still a DNS issue? If so, how do I assign the static DNS?

Message 6 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@eclark wrote:

If so, how do I assign the static DNS?

Go to the network page, click on the network settings wheel, and then choose "settings".

Click on the ipv4 tab, and you'll see the DNS servers at the bottom.  Click on the + and then add 8.8.8.8

Message 7 of 21
owensj
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. One of my NAS syncs perfectly and the other won't let me turn Amazon Drive on. Surely it is something simple I am missing.

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 8 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

I too have identical symptoms as the OP. I am able to enable onedrive cloud option but amazon drive on/off switch will not turn on. I have not looked at the logs and can do so in a few days, but would think I should not “lock up” like this. I am running OS 6.9.3.
Any thoughts?
Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 9 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

Hi there I have pulled down my logs and have found the following in the file "fvamazon.log" which repeat..... -- Logs begin at Sat 2018-07-07 01:43:58 NZST, end at Sat 2018-07-07 11:59:47 NZST. -- Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: Started Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu fvamazon[27972]: Not provisioned Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/n/a Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Unit entered failed state. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: Stopped Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: Started Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu fvamazon[27975]: Not provisioned Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/n/a Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Unit entered failed state. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: Stopped Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: Started Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu fvamazon[27978]: Not provisioned Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/n/a Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Unit entered failed state. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: fvamazon.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: Stopped Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Jul 07 11:55:34 Honbu systemd[1]: Started Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS. Any ideas on what is happening? I have rebooted NAS and also cleared my connection in ACD.
Message 10 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @yoban,

Can you send the complete system logs of the NAS? You can check this link on how you can send it.

Regards,

Message 11 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

@JohnCM_S wrote:

Hi @yoban,

Can you send the complete system logs of the NAS? You can check this link on how you can send it.

Regards,

Hi @JohnCM_S,

Thanks very much for that - logs emailed and have put attn: JohnCM_S in the subject. Hopefully they will identify the issue, like a service that is not running.

Look forward to your response.

Cheers.

Message 12 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @yoban,

Thank you for providing the logs. We will look into it and provide you a feedback as soon as possible.

Regards,

Message 13 of 21
Bass_Nas
Aspirant

I just want to add to the chorus.  My ReadyNAS 214, running the latest firmware (6.9.3) is also failing to proceed past the loading icon pop-up when attempting to turn on Amazon Drive.  (I've tried across multiple computers and browsers)

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 14 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @yoban,

This issue should be able to be fixed through back end. You may contact NETGEAR Support so they can assist you with this.

Regards,

Message 15 of 21
jbattista
Tutor

I am also having the same problem with Amazon Drive switch not turning on and not allowing me to connect.  I am using ReadyNAS v6.9.3 

I have tried 2 different browswer's: Safari and Firefox.  I have cleared the cache which looked initially like something was going to happen but only to fail to turn on again.

Anyone have any success enabling Amazon Drive feature? 

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 16 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

Hi there

@eclark appologies for hijacking your original post.

@JohnCM_S wrote:

Hi @yoban,

This issue should be able to be fixed through back end. You may contact NETGEAR Support so they can assist you with this.

Regards,

Based on past dealings with support if your NAS is out of support period, it is pretty much impossible to get any further on the phone without a credit card and paying, regardless if it was an issue as a result of internal ReadynasOS.

Message 17 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

@jbattista wrote:

I have tried 2 different browswer's: Safari and Firefox.  I have cleared the cache which looked initially like something was going to happen but only to fail to turn on again.

yes the software does work and well, but of late it would seem something within ReadynasOS broke it - differing browsers will not help as I have found.

Message 18 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

Hi there

An update for all on what my issue was, which may or may not be the same for you.

Basically the ReadynasOS internal database had become corrupt and this is something that cannot be resolved by the end user - I know I would not be keen - because this has a higher risk of causing the Middleware to not work. 

What was found by the technical team at Netgear was: 
  1. They checked the logs I sent and found that at noon on July 7, my Amazon Drive application had an abnormal interruption, which directly caused the app login token to be lost.
    1. Jul 07 11:54:38 Honbu readynasd[3043]: Service 'fvamazon.service' goto unexpected state 'failed'. Expect to be 'inactive'('deactivating').
    2. Jul 07 11:55:33 Honbu fvamazon[27972]: Not provisioned
  2. Since the token is lost and the internal database check is passed, the application is always in the startup->failed state.
Once the database was reset for me, I tried again and still had issues with ACD connecting with readynas and had to have the database reset again due to the same issue. I have not tried again due to work commitments, but may wait till the patch is available as I feel it may happen again.
They will look to optimize the process of checking in the future firmware releases so that the customer should be able to log in again when the program fails the validity check and cannot be corrected.
This has highlighted to them that design of this fucntionality is not as robust as one would expect.
Finally, since the issue occurred on July 7 and logs are only kept for a short period of time they could not find more detailed information to find the root cause.
A big thanks to Bryan and his team at Netgear Technical for assistance - certainly approaciated.
Message 19 of 21
Bass_Nas
Aspirant

@yoban wrote:

...Basically the ReadynasOS internal database had become corrupt and this is something that cannot be resolved by the end user ...because this has a higher risk of causing the Middleware to not work. 

...wait till the patch is available as I feel it may happen again.

They will look to optimize the process of checking in the future firmware releases so that the customer should be able to log in again when the program fails the validity check and cannot be corrected.
A big thanks to Bryan and his team at Netgear Technical for assistance - certainly approaciated.

So, did Bryan confirm to you that a firmware patch is coming out to address this issue?

I was able to SSH in and confirm that my service was hung similar to the way you described.

:/$ systemctl status fvamazon.service
● fvamazon.service - Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fvamazon.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since ...[last reboot]...
 Main PID: 20331 (code=exited, status=255)

Message 20 of 21
yoban
Apprentice

@Bass_Nas wrote:

So, did Bryan confirm to you that a firmware patch is coming out to address this issue?

I was able to SSH in and confirm that my service was hung similar to the way you described.

:/$ systemctl status fvamazon.service
● fvamazon.service - Amazon Cloud Drive client for ReadyNAS
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fvamazon.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since ...[last reboot]...
 Main PID: 20331 (code=exited, status=255)

Hi there, 

It was offered to me that after QA completes the verification of aa optimisation of the code base to improve the stability, they could apply this patch to my device, if you wanted. Otherwise wait for the next OS update with the hope it is included.

I must also point out, that there testing could not replicate one of my issues based on some screenshots, I sent them which seemed to point to a time out issue..??Occured when Configuring ACD on ReadyNASOccured when Configuring ACD on ReadyNAS

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements