× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Amazon S3

snuggles17
Aspirant

Amazon S3

Greetings,

I recently moved to Amazon S3 from Amazon Cloud Drive after issues Amazon indicated related to trying to sync too much data with the service (5 TB, imagine that)

I  enter the Access ID and Security Key and select the bucket I want to sync and next, at this point the Bucket Name prompt just turns red and it fails to proceed.  Do we think this is a permissions issue?  Amazon said to reach out to Netgear but I figured I'd ask here as well

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 8
Icewaterhot
NETGEAR Employee

the bucket name is not repeated?

Message 2 of 8
snuggles17
Aspirant

It shows up under the list of avaliable buckets, when selected and next is chosen the text to the left turns red and the prompt does not advance to chose what direction syncing I'd like.

Message 3 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi snuggles17,

I understand that you are not able to proceed to the next step after selecting the bucket from the drop down. Are you getting the same issue when you select the ‘Create New Bucket’ option?

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
B_L
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

How about a screenshot? It can demonstrate what the issue that you are having. And please make sure your IAM user account has the proper access privilege. You may refer to s3 document for details. http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/s3-access-control.html 

Message 5 of 8
snuggles17
Aspirant

Yes, same issue when creating a new bucket through the ReadyNAS

Message 6 of 8
snuggles17
Aspirant

@B_L wrote:

How about a screenshot? It can demonstrate what the issue that you are having. And please make sure your IAM user account has the proper access privilege. You may refer to s3 document for details. http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/s3-access-control.html 

Document doesnt go anywhere.

Message 7 of 8
snuggles17
Aspirant

Screen shot

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation