× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ambiguous error message on Admin Home screen

okulo
Aspirant

Ambiguous error message on Admin Home screen

I just get the following error when I log into my Admin Home page - followed by the other screens depending on which button I press.

Device status says 'Healthy' and there is ne mention of it in the logs - everything is green.

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ambiguous error message on Admin Home screen

Always good to identify your NAS and the firmware in your first post describing your problem.  Would this be RN102 / 6.2.5?

I'd contact support on this.  

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello okulo,

Was this ReadyNAS unit already working before?

Does it have disks that contains files already?

What's the model number of the NAS and FW version?

What was the last activity done by this ReadyNAS?

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
okulo
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I have had a visitor.

My ReadyNAS is a RN102 with 6.2.5.

There are 2x 2TB HDDs which have data; files + Time Machine backup. The system seems to be working fine apart from the error message which comes up every time I open the Admin page and I first noticed it today. I have rebooted the RN102 but the error persisted.

I can't really say what the last activity was prior to the error message as it is not mentioned in the logs but I just completed a Time Machine backup successfuly. The only 'incident' logged was a 12 second power outage when my UPS temporarily switched to battery power on 20th September.

One of the messages mentions 'application' and the only app I have installed on the RN102 is Transmission.

Incidentally, the files are backed up to another (external) drive and I am just performing a secondary Time Machine backup to an external drive.

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

I am thinking that the "application" is the web ui.

Message 5 of 7
okulo
Aspirant

I'm on a Mac using Safari. I have tried restarting Safari but it had no effect.

However, I have tried using Firefox and the error did not appear so I think you are right, thanks, though I'm not sure how to fix the problem with Safari.

Message 6 of 7
okulo
Aspirant

I've just solved the problem thanks to your tip, StephenB.

Ironically, it was caused by the Safari extension I used to capture the error messages, Voila Screenshot (v1.0) which I installed a few days ago to replace its differently named and discontinued predecessor by the same developer - which did not cause this problem.

Anyway, it's disabled now and I'll contact the developer later.

Thanks for all the help.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements