× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Antivirus in ReaytNAS OS

orsmith
Tutor

Antivirus in ReaytNAS OS

Is antivirus built into the OS working correctly in OS 6.7.5?

Model: RN31442D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 7
btaroli
Prodigy

I turned it back on in 6.7.4 after reviewing the release notes and so far (even into 6.7.5) it seems to be doing ok.

Message 2 of 7
orsmith
Tutor

I updated to OS 6.7.5 several days ago and enabled antivirus.  Since then, all attempts to download definition files have produced the following message:  "Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection."  However, all tests and other uses of my internet connection are successful.  Please advise me on how to resolve this problem.

Message 3 of 7
lundmilo
Luminary

@orsmith wrote:

I updated to OS 6.7.5 several days ago and enabled antivirus.  Since then, all attempts to download definition files have produced the following message:  "Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection."  However, all tests and other uses of my internet connection are successful.  Please advise me on how to resolve this problem.

I have seen the same behavior some time ago. My RN204 did not show that there was an update, even though i knew an update was available.

Definition files could not be downloaded  either, even though I could access both the NAS and the internet.

I rebooted the NAS and everything worked just fine again.

Message 4 of 7
orsmith
Tutor

RE:  "I rebooted the NAS and everything worked just fine again.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the reply, but after I tried your solution my antivirus downloads are still failing.
Message 5 of 7
orsmith
Tutor

I have copies of log (system.log & systemd-journal.log ) entries made when the problem was happening which I can provide.  (BTW:  Is there a way to attach files to one of these posts?)  Please help.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 6 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@orsmith,

Please try to set static DNS address to the NAS (8.8.8.8). Also on the Admin page of the NAS do you have check marks on Internet & Service under the Cloud tab?

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements