× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Antivirus scanner definition file update failed

AKLGUY
Apprentice

Message 326 of 339
diegobaccino
Aspirant

Thanks @AKLGUY -- I don't yet see it in the Stable release pipeline from ReadyNAS UI. Hope they move it to the stable path soon. 

Screenshot 2021-11-04 100348.png

Message 327 of 339
AKLGUY
Apprentice

yeah it is still not coming for me either I think maybe they created the help file before releasing the update

Message 328 of 339
StephenB
Guru

@AKLGUY wrote:

yeah it is still not coming for me either I think maybe they created the help file before releasing the update

It's released (not tagged as beta or RC-1 in the kb article).

But there is always a lag of a few days to a week before they put it on the update server.  In the meantime you can download from the kb article link and install it manually.

Message 329 of 339
SkiEnthusiast
Aspirant

The message "Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection." appeared last year, was fixed, then reappeared as of October 29, 2021.  My current OS is 6.10.5 Hotfix 1.  Are they ever going to get this right?

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 330 of 339
scrjs
Apprentice

@SkiEnthusiast wrote:

The message "Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection." appeared last year, was fixed, then reappeared as of October 29, 2021.  My current OS is 6.10.5 Hotfix 1.  Are they ever going to get this right?

Yes its fixed in Firmware 6.10.6 available at https://kb.netgear.com/000064345/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-10-6?language=en_US

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 331 of 339
peterongley
Guide

Here we go again. Last year I encountered this problem of error messages indicating that the latest antivirus definitions were failing to download. I ended up having to pay for tech support to get this problem fixed! Now it is doing it again. I am currently running firmware version 6.10.5 Hotfix 1. I have read several forum entries saying the solution is to get the latest firmware update 6.10.6. HOWEVER, the link within the RADAR software to (Check for Updates) says that I am running the latest version. SO, I followed the links to manually download the update but the disk image that is downloaded WILL NOT OPEN on my iMac and nothing I have tried will allow me to mount the disk image and instal it. HELP????

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 332 of 339
StephenB
Guru

@peterongley wrote:

SO, I followed the links to manually download the update but the disk image that is downloaded WILL NOT OPEN on my iMac and nothing I have tried will allow me to mount the disk image and instal it. HELP????

It's not a disk image - it just happens to have an img extension. You don't open it or mount it on the Mac.

Instead you go to system->settings->update in the admin web ui and click on the "install firmware" control.  That will open a window that lets you select the file.  It will then be uploaded to the NAS, and after verification it will install.  You'll then get a pop-up telling you to reboot the NAS.

If this is too hard for you, then just wait a bit longer.  Netgear should be pushing the release out through check-for-updates fairly soon.

Message 333 of 339
Jetlag1
Guide

6.10.6 fixed this issue on my 526X, functioning perfectly again.

526X-6.10.6.jpg

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 334 of 339
peterongley
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

Instead you go to system->settings->update in the admin web ui and click on the "install firmware" control.  That will open a window that lets you select the file.  It will then be uploaded to the NAS, and after verification it will install.  You'll then get a pop-up telling you to reboot the NAS.

Thanks for your help. The .img file extension had me fooled inti thinking it was a **bleep** image, (I can't imagine why).

I have done as you suggested and gone in through the system page and tried to do a manual firmware update. All I am getting is a blue spinning wheel as the system tries to upload the file but nothing happens. Eventually RAIDar just gives up. I guess I will have to wait until the update is registered on the server and my system recognises that it needs to be updated.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Message 335 of 339
StephenB
Guru

@peterongley wrote:
All I am getting is a blue spinning wheel as the system tries to upload the file but nothing happens.

You uploaded the arm binary???

I suggest checking that your OS partition isn't full. Download the entire log zip file from the logs page in the web ui.

Then open volume.log, and scroll down to the section that starts with === df -h ===

=== df -h ===
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev             10M  4.0K   10M   1% /dev
/dev/md0        4.0G  1.1G  2.7G  29% /
tmpfs           1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           1.9G  7.7M  1.9G   1% /run
tmpfs           962M   12M  950M   2% /run/lock
tmpfs           1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup

The /dev/md0 line is the OS partition.  Normally it is 20-30% full.  Let us know what yours is.

Message 336 of 339
peterongley
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

You uploaded the arm binary???

I suggest checking that your OS partition isn't full. Download the entire log zip file from the logs page in the web ui.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I downloaded the arm binary file.

Checked the log as suggested. It is currently at 37%

Message 337 of 339
StephenB
Guru

Maybe reboot the NAS and try the upload again.

Message 338 of 339
peterongley
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

Maybe reboot the NAS and try the upload again.

Thanks StepenB!!!  Who would have thought the old, "Try turning it off and turning it back on again," suggestion would work?? 

I restarted the NAS and the binary file uploaded immediately, withing a matter of seconds. The NAS then needed to be rebooted twice before the firmware installed itself, but now everything is looking like it has worked.

Thanks for your support. I just wish Netgear would make these things simple and easy for non-expert users like myself......

Message 339 of 339
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements