× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Anyone use ARQ to backup REadyNAS to external Cloud (like Backblaze)?

vfpeter
Tutor

Anyone use ARQ to backup REadyNAS to external Cloud (like Backblaze)?

I have 2 * 2TB in XRAID. I want to backup my NAS data to cloud. I want it to happen seamlessly between by ReadyNAS and Cloud provider (Backblaze B2 Cloud) without going through my PC/laptop. I saw that Backblaze has partner ARQ (https://www.arqbackup.com/features/) which supports NAS backup.

Has anyone tried this and how has the experience been so far?

What other options are there?

Thanks,

Pete.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP200U|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

I am not sure if NetGear has any NAS device that has easy integration with any cloud provider. I am looking for easy backup of my personal NAS to any cloud. Also, I am very disappointed with the lack of warning I got when both my RAID hards disk failed. I now have to a lot of money recovering (as much as luck would permit). 

Also the fact that NetGear would not allow me to purchase a annual support contract for $80, and forced me to buy $80 one time support cost for looking into my NAS error (not that they were able to fix it). I do not have the money to keep paying $80 everytime I need support from NetGear. 

I am looking into Synology which offers a better integration of their devices with cloud partners and may be better error handling. 

Thanks to the forum for all the help and support. 

Pete.

Message 2 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vfpeter,

If ever you own a ReadyNAS OS 6 unit, let me inform you that it is possible to sync it with Google Drive.  Kindly read the article below:

Sync with Google Drive

Also, NETGEAR has released a new beta firmware v6.9.0-T55 for the ReadyNAS OS 6 unit which adds the features: Microsoft OneDrive and Azure cloud backup and sync support.  Kindly access the link below:

ReadyNASOS 6.9.0-T55 (Beta 1)

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

Thanks @DaneA . 

I currently have NETGEAR ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus (Diskless) Network Attached Storage RNDP200U. Can I install OS6 on this? 

Message 4 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vfpeter,

It is unofficially possible to install OS6 on x86 Legacy ReadyNAS, which includes the RNDP200U.  Be reminded that there would be no NETGEAR Support on this process and if you decided to proceed with it, it will be at your own risk.  Kindly access and read carefully the old forum links below as there are steps indicated:

OS6 now works on x86 Legacy WARNING: NO NETGEAR SUPPORT!

NETGEAR ReadyNAS Ultra 2 and OS6, yes?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

Thanks @DaneA

For now, I do not want to take any risk with beta version. I will be going with Synology as my primary NAS. I will experiment with ReadyNAS as my second NAS. 

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vfpeter,

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂   Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.  

If ever your concern has been addressed, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community will look forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

Thanks @DaneA

With all due respect, I do not think I want to mark "Solution with no official support from NetGear" as Accepted Solution. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements