× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Apache 2.2.34 - Any Update?

mochs
Follower

Apache 2.2.34 - Any Update?

I have probably close to 15  ReadyNAS devices sitting on the networks I water and feed, ranging from 212's to 2120's, all running 6.9.3.  Companywide that number would be much higher.  All are being flagged by our security scans due to the Apache versions installed on them.  The last post I saw on this was in May - does Netgear have any path to upgrade the Apache version in the near future?  Is Netgear offering any solution to business users, since I know I'm not the only individual running the risk of having to find another solution?

Model: RN20221D|ReadyNAS202 2-Bay 2x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mochs

Welcome to the Community!

NETGEAR team is surely evaluating this path on getting this update but since this will be one major update so it will not be available soon.

Here is a thread that you might want to read or have read already https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-516-Failing-Security-Scan-as-End-Of-Li...

It will also be a good idea if you can post this feature on Ideas exchange board, garnering kudos from other members will make it possible for the development team to notice the need to include it and evaluate.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 10
ml1986
Aspirant

Ran into the same problem.  Did some testing and the beta version 6.10.0 uses Apache 2.4.25, which cleared the vulnerabilities.  

Not sure when that firmware will be officially released, but at least there's hope a solution is coming.

Message 3 of 10
scott_ngc
Aspirant

Where did you get that version?  We're getting hit with scans that want it resolved ASAP

Message 4 of 10
ml1986
Aspirant

I got it from the German Netgear message boards- no worries it's all in English

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Versionen/ReadyNASOS-6-10-0-T185-Beta-2/td-p/1653032

Message 5 of 10
scott_ngc
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 6 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

I don't know why you'd want to use Beta2 when RC2 is available: ReadyNASOS-6-10-0-RC2

Message 7 of 10
ml1986
Aspirant

Cool, didn't see that.  I'm not running the beta, just installed on a VM to test if the Apache vulnerability issue was resolved.

Any idea when an official release of 6.10 might come out? 

Message 8 of 10
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ml1986,

The 6.10.0 official firmware was already released. It is not yet uploaded on the update servers but you may download it here.

Regards,

Message 9 of 10
ml1986
Aspirant

Thank you I appreciate the quick response! Looking forward to testing it out 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation