× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Auto Rebuild started

chopin70
Virtuoso

Auto Rebuild started

Hi,

I have 6.2.4 on a legacy Ultra 2

Yesterday, after a shutdown (my children kept his finger pressed on power button), device started rebuilding of the volume on next start.
The logs just mention nothing on the reasons:

Sun Jun 14 2015 12:14:46 Volume: Rebuilding started for Volume 'data'.
Sun Jun 14 2015 12:14:41 snapshot: Smart Snapshot successfully delete snapshot '2015_06_12__12_00_51' from share or LUN 'enfants'.
Sun Jun 14 2015 12:14:34 System: ReadyNASOS background service started.

Reading through hardware guide, I see no mention about the effect of keeping Power off button pressed
To turn off device, I just quickly press power button twice

My questions:
1- what happens exactly when power off button is kept pressed? (I read in forums it is just a smooth shutdown!)
2- why in my case, a rebuild has started automatically?

Note: there is no scheduled task for that day, except a balance that was completed in few minutes at 01:00 AM, so about 11 hours before that event
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Auto Rebuild started

1) forced power off. On some older models you would press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds to get the NAS to shutdown but not with current models. Even on those older models of you keep on holding the power button for long enough it will do an unsafe shutdown.
2) as a precaution due to the unsafe shutdown. It is important to make sure the disks are synced properly.
Message 2 of 3
chopin70
Virtuoso

Re: Auto Rebuild started

thank you

Would be nice to have an option to disable this behavior, unless it is purely hardware based.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements