× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backing up a ReadyNAS device to a cloud service...

Backing up a ReadyNAS device to a cloud service...

Hi guys,

I have been trawling the web since early this year, waiting and hoping that Netgear would release some support for backing up a ReadyNAS to a cloud service other than just ReadyNAS Vault or Dropbox.

Both of these services are pricey, and not everyone uses Dropbox (popular as it is).

Specifically, clients of mine who use ReadyNAS devices, need to be able to sync / backup their ReadyNAS to Google Drive, OneDrive or some other cloud service.

Even an FTP backup to Google Drive or something like that would be great, as long as we could just replicate / sync a share on the ReadyNAS to a cloud provider like Google Drive.

Please look into this urgently or advise if there is an app which provides this functionality?

Dropbbox and ReadyNAS Vault are not the only Cloud providers out there, and there is more competition popping up daily.

Thx guys.

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

If you look in the ideas exchange you'll see a request for integration with amazon cloud services.  You might want to vote for that, perhaps with a comment suggesting other services.

Message 2 of 6
mjyatl777
Aspirant

I've been using idrive.com as my cloud backup service for the past couple of years.  ReadyNAS has an addon "iDrive" app for this very purpose and it's been working great for the past week.

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mjyatl777,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this suggestion on this thread. This add-on could be an alternative while other cloud services are still being reviewed if it can be added in the future.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
ReadyNASNVUser
Apprentice

Have you looked at rClone (http://rclone.org/) which can sync with practically all cloud base systems and triggering the sync using incrond (http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2014/158/Monitoring-with-incron)?

I'm seriously considering using this solution but wondering if others have tried it.

Right now the only problem I can see is that unlike the commercial apps for GoogleDrive, Dropbox etc. without polling it won't be possible to proactively push changes in the cloud back down to the ReadyNAS.  rClone can be setup using regular crond to do the polling - but its not very eligant or efficient.

Wondering if a ReadyNAS app developer would be interested in putting together a UI for a rClone / incrond solution? (Will post to that forum shortly)

This would be far more complete far more quickly than the services slowly appearing on the Cloud Tab...

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 5 of 6
bubu
Aspirant

Hi

Have you feedback for us about Rclone on ReadyNAS?

thank you

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements