× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up specific folders within a share

w2irt
Aspirant

Hello all,
I have a share called 'media', which encompasses all my photos, videos/movies and music. I would only like to backup my music to a Passport drive connected via front USB, and I would like to backup my photos to a second Passport drive the same way. I do not want to backup my videos. In short, is there ANY way to just back up one single folder within a share to USB using FrontView (or any other technology) on the DUO?

I have numerous devices set to look for everything in 'media' on my NAS box and I'd rather not have to redefine every shared drive on every PC and MAC in the place in order to do this.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: Backing up specific folders within a share

As far as the frontview backup job feature is concern there is no option to select a specific share inside the main share to become the source. You may use other 3rd party backup software for this backup process.
Message 2 of 4
sphardy1
Apprentice

Within the Frontview job you can specify a path as part of the source setup which can include subdirectory information
Message 3 of 4
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: Backing up specific folders within a share

Yes that is true and I stand corrected. You can specify source path. 😄
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements