× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104 #24518168

fearlesss
Aspirant

Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104 #24518168

Hey guys,
I've done a search on the forums, google and tried talking to the Netgear support ( which kindly suggested I pay them MORE money for any support.... ) because paying for the product itself wasn't enough !

I've got a ReadyNAS 104 which we bought just recently using the firmware 6.2.2
and was under the impression that it had the ability to back itself up to a dropbox account so I bought a yearly subscription to drop box with enough space.

Now the question is How on earth do you backup to the dropbox ?

I can see in the portal looking at the NAS it has a backup tab and under cloud storage it has a section about Dropbox which says you can sync only 1 share at a time. But that is it..
There is no details or information about anything. It doesn't let you know if it's actually backing up anything, it doesn't say how many files are getting backed up, it doesn't even let you know if the backup is running !
I can see that my drop box has started putting a few files in the dropbox but it's anyones guess when it's actually backing up, or how old those files are if they are the latest version or one from a week go.

I can't find anything in the Apps tab about Dropbox so not sure do I need to install something else ? I noticed another thread on here about Drop Box Traffic App ?
It's been 2 weeks now since I synced the folder to DRopbox and only 13.5 out of 150 gig have uploaded to the drop box account 😞

Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backing up to Drop Box for ReadyNAS 104 #24518168

What are your upload speeds like?
Message 2 of 12
fearlesss
Aspirant

Going of speedtest.net
28meg download
21 meg upload

So there shouldn't be any issues there.
Message 3 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me your logs (see the link in my sig)?
Message 4 of 12
fearlesss
Aspirant

I sure can, email sent with the attached Log Zip file
Message 5 of 12
fearlesss
Aspirant

Any luck ? Did that zip file come through ?
Message 6 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Got those. Not sure why it wasn't working.

Can you try backing up your data, doing a factory reset, restoring your data from backup and seeing if it works any better?
Message 7 of 12
sdouek
Guide

You might want to try Crashplan so much cheaper and better.
Message 8 of 12
fearlesss
Aspirant

I've tried re doing the backup re syncing the drive to drop box,
The problem is not that it's not working , it is working .. I just don't have any way of knowing what files have been backed up, if it's currently backing files up , when the last back up was ? there is no details about anything all there is a button that says on, the option to select which share I want to back up and a sync button 😕

Thanks sdouek, I've already bought a years worth of dropbox so I'll check out crashplan when that runs out.
Message 9 of 12
hilgert
Aspirant

Any update on this?  Amazingly, after several years, this issue remains on the otherwise fine ReadyNAS product.  This is one of the orginal reasons I purchased my ReadNAS 102, but I've had to use workarounds in order to get *reliable* dropbox functionality (basically I have an intermediary computer delgated to just DropBox sync since the ReadyNAS DropBox sync is unreliable).

Message 10 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware are you running?

Message 11 of 12
hilgert
Aspirant

6.2.4 on a ReadyNAS 102.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors