× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Exec 2010 R3

dmarchell
Follower

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Any word on the RALUS agent getting updated for Backup Exec 2010 R3? I had to upgrade Backup Exec to R3 to fix a different problem and now when I backup my ReadyNAS 1500, Backup Exec complains "The remote computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent. You must upgrade the remote agent to enable secure communication between the agent and Backup Exec media servers." Seems to backup successfully but I hate errors like this and would really like to use the correct agent version.
Message 1 of 7
mdmg
Aspirant

Hi,

I've the same problem ...

Have you find a solution ?
Message 2 of 7
jck_co_im
Aspirant

I was thinking of upgrading from R2, it may be possible to upgrade the RALUS agent files via root shell ssh, extracting them individually from the BE2010 cd image.
Message 3 of 7
chirpa
Luminary

RALUS add-on has been updated with 2010R3 build: http://www.readynas.com/?p=4187
Message 4 of 7
ashily
Aspirant

Hi, i first come here.
Message 5 of 7
techdruid
Aspirant

Backup Exec 2012 Ver 14:0 Rev. 1798

I'm getting this same error message on my backups, even using the updated version linked to above. Is there an even newer update to the RALUS for ReadyNAS that is in-line version wise with Backup Exec 2012?

I am getting the error "The remote computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Agent for Windows. you must upgrade the agent for Windows to enable secure communication between the agent and Backup Exec servers. 1 files were skipped."

And YES, it does say "Windows" even though it is the Linux/Unix agent.
Message 6 of 7
kdmabus
Aspirant

Would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.....
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements