× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup accidentaly deleted source files: HELP!

gkuijlaars
Follower

Backup accidentaly deleted source files: HELP!

HELP! I am an unexperienced user of a ReadyNas NV+ in the Netherlands.

Yesterday I started a backup procedure from the ReadyNas to a USB drive using the frontview interface. I noticed that new directories were not copied. I therefore changed the backup procedure and added "full backup". Then I read about deleting old files, which seemed the logical thing to do.

However, soon I discovered that the ReadyNas was deleting all my files in the source directory, in stead of the USB drive. I immediately turned of the ReadyNas, but the harm was already done: since the last backup I have lost 3 months of data, including personal files I really don't want to lose.

Today I called the Netgear helpdesk in the Netherlands, but they explained to me that there is no normal way of restoring the files. Now I have the following questions:
- does anyone have any experience with restoring data after it has been deleted on the ReadyNas?
- does anyone know a professional and reliable company in the Netherlands, that can restore the data on my ReadyNas?

I am almost sure that the ReadyNas was set on RAID 5, but am afraid to switch it on and possibly reduce the chance on restoring data. In other words: please help!
Message 1 of 2
adesafc
Aspirant

Re: Backup accidentaly deleted source files: HELP!

disk internals 2.9 recovered my files from the 1st disk. My readynas only has 2 drives though
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements