× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup from RN102 to Dropbox - choose location?

wlcox
Aspirant

Backup from RN102 to Dropbox - choose location?

Default backup location to Dropbox is in the Apps folder.  Can I change that destination to another Dropbox folder?  For example to a ReadyNAS folder in the root of my Dropbox instead of in the Apps folder?

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backup from RN102 to Dropbox - choose location?

I don't think you can change the location.

Message 2 of 6
wlcox
Aspirant

I appreciate the reply, but I'm looking for someone who "knows" whether this is possible (or not).

BC

Message 3 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello wlcox,

Welcome to the community!

It seems you may need to check this with Dropbox because the Apps folder is one of the Dropbox main folders and they classify ReadyNAS as an app, this I believe because the Dropbox of the NAS is just an app that is automatically already installed by default. This is something that is not changeable on the ReadyNAS settings

Based on Dropbox website:

App folder

A dedicated folder named after your app is created within the Apps folder of a user's Dropbox. Your app gets read and write access to this folder only and users can provide content to your app by moving files into this folder.

I hope this somehow helps.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
fordem
Mentor

Looking at that, it would suggest that the app SHOULD have created a subfolder within the Apps folder of the dropbox, which as far as I can recall it does not do.

It may not be possible to create a readynas folder in the root of the dropbox, but it should be possible to create it within the apps folder, and based on what dropbox has said, it sounds like the creator of the app (which may be netgear) is the one who needs to do it.

Message 5 of 6
wlcox
Aspirant

Thanks - I'll check w/ Dropbox

BC

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements