× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup (move/copy) share + snapshots to new ReadyNAS?

bwit
Aspirant

Backup (move/copy) share + snapshots to new ReadyNAS?

Hello.

I have been able to copy the shared folder but not the snapshots. Can this be done?

I will try to explain:

I currently rsync data from a windows server to a shared folder on a ReadyNAS 51400. This shared folder has months worth of manual and automatic snapshots. I need to move this shared folder to a new ReadyNAS and would like to keep all the snapshots in case I need to recover something from a snapshot.

Both ReadyNAS are running 6.2.2.

I have tried to create a backup job to copy the share and its snapshots folder from NAS to NAS but can't get it to work.

I tried this some time ago with an earlier version of ReadyNAS OS. However, it filled the NAS. I think it copied more than just the delta's in each snapshot. In other words, it effectively tried to create a clone for every snapshot. Obviously, the NAS did not have capacity to store 10+ clones of the share.

Thanks.

Ian.
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Backup (move/copy) share + snapshots to new ReadyNAS?

Don't think you can do that. What disks do you currently have installed? Have you considered expanding your volume?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements