× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup problem with Netgear ReadyNAS 10211D

Artiah
Aspirant

Backup problem with Netgear ReadyNAS 10211D

Hi guys

Well my problem is when I connect my external hard disk into the back usb 3 (top or bottom is the same) i can´t do the backup job and have this message "Error backup job "name": destination cannot be accessed". I format the external drive but still have the problem. The setup of the job is:
Source
Type: share
Name: share: Dcouments

Destination
Type: usb
Name External Storage (USB Back Bottom)

If I do it through the interface (web acces of RAIDar), have the problem, If I do it with the backup button in the ready nas system, is the same too. Please if anyone have comments I really appreciate it. Have a good day and many thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Backup problem with Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Does the NAS see the USB drive?
What firmware are you on?
You should be on 6.1.6 RC13.

viewtopic.php?f=154&t=72282
Message 2 of 8
Artiah
Aspirant

Hi @vandermerwe

Thanks for your observation, I have the 6.1.5v but when I select the "check for updates" option he give me the message "Update System Manager, Your system is currently running the latest firmware. Your system does not need a firmware update". In your comment you have a link to the "ReadyNASOS 6.1.6 [RC13]" posted by Skywalker, for my system should I take this link: ARM (102 / 104 / 2120) and follow the instructions?

Many thanks for your comments, cheers!
Message 3 of 8
vandermerwe
Master

Yes the ARM version is the one you need.
Download it, unzip it, then do a manual firmware upgrade using the admin pages.
It is a late beta version but widely recommended on the forums. It fixes some problems with USB disks.
Message 4 of 8
Artiah
Aspirant

Thanks @vandermerwe, I gonna do a backup the data of the NAS and then I will work with the firmware. In any case of success or fail I give you a response ok.

Cheers!
Message 5 of 8
billyjoe
Aspirant

hi there
I have the same problems.
The reason seems to be, that the network - SMB settings (for USB NTFS Disk) are set to some "initial setting" , when Disk is plugged in.
I got then the error message: destination cannot be accessed.

When I set the SMB rights to "read/write" to my user and clear the RW at EVERYONE, then backup Job can be done.

But how can an automatic Backup be done, when ReadyNAS cannot keep the settings of the USB Disk. By the way, the USB Disk will start with a LAN timeswitch, so that USB Disk is not the whole time attached to the NAS. With the last Backup Job the USB Disk is ejectet automaticaly.
Message 6 of 8
vandermerwe
Master

6.1.6 final is available now.
viewtopic.php?f=154&t=75197
Are you already using 6.1.6?
Message 7 of 8
Artiah
Aspirant

Hi @vandermerwe

Sorry for the delayed answer, I did the following to resolve the problem:

- First connect the USB drive in other computer and "copy/paste" (yes) all the info.
- Update the firmware versión from the webadmin of the readynas v6.1.6
- Update manually the firmware with this version ReadyNASOS-6.1.6-RC13-arm.img
- Holy shit works!

Now the webadmin can see the usb drive and doo the backups job without problem. Hey @billyjoe follow this maybe can help you.

Many thanks for your support @vandermerwe, have a good day!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements