× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup readynas duo v2

beduch
Follower

Backup readynas duo v2

I have just purchased a Readynas Duo V2 with the intention of backing up my windows xp pc. I had no luck in backing anything up to the readynas, after 3 days I contacted a friend who has network experience he also could not do a backup through dashboard. Eventually he managed to make 2 folders on my desktop to transfer files across which show up on dashboard.
I have contacted Netgear who took remote control of my computer, but after 2 hours still could not do any type of backup and stated that is probably a window xp problem. I had a problem were workstation and server would not start and downloaded a fix that works, it also fixed a problem that would not let me share folders.
I am at a loss what to do next as it is still not working
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Backup readynas duo v2

You'll need to provide some more detail on what is happening.
How the backup is set up, what happens when you try to run it, and any error messages you see
Message 2 of 3
lucas25
Aspirant

Re: Backup readynas duo v2

Sorry could not log in under original name beduch. I have had a very experienced former network manager look at the system, his conclusion after about 3 hours trying is that my XP Pro is at fault. The only option he said now available was a complete re install of the operating system, I will pass on that but he did manage to give me a work around not using Dashboard.
Another problem has just started, I am unable to see the my videos in the video folder on a PS3 they have vanished, I am beginning to reget buying the Readynas
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements