× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup to USB HDD error

ndverge
Aspirant

Backup to USB HDD error

I updated to firmware 6.5.0. From now I cannot do USB backup. The error was when I try to run backup "Destination Cannot be mounted".  I tried to restore back to 6.4.2, but gave me an error saying i cannot downgrade the firmware version. What to do to finish my backup job

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
cpu8088
Virtuoso

Re: Backup to USB HDD error

perhaps u may try reformat the usb external hard drive via readynas ui?

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

If you can see the data on the USB drive through the NAS web UI, then I suggest deleting the backup job and creating a new one.

Message 3 of 8
cpu8088
Virtuoso

while using readynas ui go to share and enable anonymous access to the usb external hard drive

create a new folder in the usb hard drive and then backup from local folder to local folder

Message 4 of 8
ndverge
Aspirant

Dear cpu8088 And Daniel, I have done all those trials but my fate is bad. I also converted to NTFS, EXT3, EXT4 but no good result.

Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 6 of 8
ndverge
Aspirant

Hi friends, Yesterday I couldn't downgrade to ver. 6.4.2, I tried with 6.4.0 then downgrade was finished succssfly. Then I upgraded to 6.4.2. Then the backup was done sccssfly. But I yesterday try to connect my usb pen. It is not detected by nas drive. any suggessions.?

by the way i will update the nas to 6.5 later..

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ndverge,

Did you properly eject the USB drive from your ReadyNAS via the 'eject' button in the admin page? Update this thread once you've tried while your ReadyNAS running 6.5.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements