× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backups not working since 6.9.0 ReadyNAS 314

SSTech
Aspirant

Backups not working since 6.9.0 ReadyNAS 314

Ever since 6.9.0 firmware both my ReadyNAS 314s continuously say "In Progress" for all my backup jobs. I don't see any completions in the logs or any activitiy in the backup logs at all. I've tried to cancel the jobs then restart them and nothing happens, no changes. Any suggestions to get them backing up again would be great!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Backups not working since 6.9.0 ReadyNAS 314

If you are using the SMB protocol ("Windows") in the backup jobs, then that is a known issue with lots of posts here discussing it.

Netgear has pushed a hot-fix.  Try rebooting the NAS and waiting for about 15 minutes for it to be installed.  Then try running one of the backup jobs again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you are using the SMB protocol ("Windows") in the backup jobs, then that is a known issue with lots of posts here discussing it.

Netgear has pushed a hot-fix.  Try rebooting the NAS and waiting for about 15 minutes for it to be installed.  Then try running one of the backup jobs again.

Message 2 of 5
SSTech
Aspirant

I am. I just stumbled on a few posts about it. I'm going to try that soon. Hopefully it fixes it.

Message 3 of 5
sambogolf
Aspirant

When you say Push a Hotfix, does the reboot automatically add a small fix, or do we manually have to download the fix?  Sam 

Model: ReadyNAS Photos II|
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@sambogolf wrote:

When you say Push a Hotfix, does the reboot automatically add a small fix, or do we manually have to download the fix?  Sam 

The NAS checks occasionally for hot-fixes from the Netgear update servers (including checking when the NAS boots).  If there is one, it will download and install it automatically (and silently). 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements