× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Call to undefined function curl_init() on 6.10.0

GJSchaller
Guide

Call to undefined function curl_init() on 6.10.0

I recently installed Nextcloud on my ReadyNAS, which is running 6.10.0.  The installer package installs Nextcloud 13.0.5, which is an older version.  When I run the updater from the command line, I get an error as follows:

root@GeoffNAS:~# sudo -u admin php /apps/nextcloud/web/updater/updater.phar

Nextcloud Updater - version: v13.0.5RC1

Current version is 13.0.5.
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function NC\Updater\curl_init() in phar:///apps/nextcloud/web/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php:423

How can I enable curl_init on the embedded version of PHP, or is there another way of updating Nextcloud?

The Web-Based installer also fails (without error - presumably the same issue).  I've verified php5-curl is installed, and added the line

extension=curl.so

To /etc/php5/web and /etc/php5/cli

Any ideas how to get the updater to run?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Call to undefined function curl_init() on 6.10.0

There is a huge issue with php and 6.10.0. I suggest waiting for @WhoCares_ to resolve it.  Then perhaps purchase the fixed app from http://rnxtras.com  

He gives a brief explanation of the issue there.

Message 2 of 3
GJSchaller
Guide

Re: Call to undefined function curl_init() on 6.10.0

I'm aware, and have been monitoring, but would like to patch up my Nextcloud while I can rather than leave an upatched system facing the internet.

If we can get curl_init working, the update will be simple.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements