× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can Anyone Out there Help Push Case #19257000 ?

Chris_Boston
Aspirant

Can Anyone Out there Help Push Case #19257000 ?

Hi -

My ReadyNAS used to freeze every few days, but now we're at almost daily. I opened this case in August and got some instruction - I've responded to Level2Support a few times in September but I haven't heard back since the last email from them in August. If there are any friendly Level 2 techs out there who might be so kind as to take a peek and get it pushed along, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Chris
Message 1 of 10
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I was not seeing any updates in Sept. (from either party). Maybe there is another case?
Message 2 of 10
Chris_Boston
Aspirant

Can Anyone Out there Help Push Case #19257000 ?

I suspect no one is updating the notes when I email in? I sent another around 5 or 6 hours ago today.
Message 3 of 10
Chris_Boston
Aspirant

Sadly, I'm astounded by the lack of support and response I'm getting from Tier 2. I just found out this call was closed (who knows why), but no resolution or response. A quick run down of everything is below. I have the Tier 2 techs name but I feel it's inappropriate to post it publically. If anyone at Netgear would like it, I'd be happy to provide it to anyone with an @netgear.com email address.

If anyone is listening, could you please help me get my money back on this unfortunately defective unit?

---

August 21: Netgear Case Created.

August 22: Netgear requested that I reinstall the Operating System

August 22: I reinstalled the Operating System, waiting to see what happens.

August 24: Follow-up from Netgear to see what's happening

Sept 2: I let Level 2 know that the issue is still occurring.

Sept 3: I let Level 2 know that it happened again today.

Sept 28: Hearing nothing from Level 2, I email in and request that they just RMA it.

Sept 28: I posted this thread hoping someone would help.

Oct 1: NetGear tells me this is a known issue with iOS6. I explain the issue started pre-iOS6 and also that it happens outside of my phone (the box itself dies).

Oct 1: NetGear says they will continue to investigate the issue. They don't collect logs or ask for any more information.

Oct 17: I let Netgear know I've been holding on to a paperweight of theirs for 3 months. As someone who does support for a living, I try not to be rude, but I was certainly upset.

Oct 24: Nothing from Netgear since 10/1... I'm upset... I'd like the thing returned and for Netgear to pay me for it, I've lost faith in the product and the support. I notice that my case with netgear, the number in this call, has been closed with absolutely no notes except their request to have me reinstall the Operating System. I open a new call (19729978) requesting that they please take this item back and refund my money. I got a few good weeks out of it, and then nothing. I would have returned it to Amazon if I realized that NetGear would go so long without offering a solution.
Message 4 of 10
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I have not seen any activity on the account since early September. I can have someone call you to see if we are able to help speed this up a little bit.
Message 5 of 10
bdg20901
Aspirant

Could you please download all the logs to your NAS, and call 855-PROSAFE and Support can re-open your case...if not we will open another Case and help to resolve your issue.
Message 6 of 10
Chris_Boston
Aspirant

Thanks Brian & OOM-9, Cody reached out to me and now that we have power, I'm going to see if we can get this thing going.
Message 7 of 10
Chris_Boston
Aspirant

Sadly, the next tech wasn't any more helpful. He collected my logs and then emailed me this:

Thank you for choosing Netgear, my name is _____ and I will be your support engineer.

There is always the chance that the 4.2.22 firmware may have a bug or be somewhat incompatible with the addons you have installed. I would recommend you try downgrading to the firmware it worked stable on and see if the issue is resolved. Also, defiantely [sic] keep an eye out for any future firmware releases as they may resolve you issue. Hope this helps. Thanks.

... and then he closed the call.

I'm Done.
Message 8 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

May I ask what add-ons do you have installed?

You can try downgrading e.g. to 4.2.21 following the procedure for a local update here: http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_x86_4_2_21_Notes)
Message 9 of 10
Chris_Boston
Aspirant

Plesk was the only add-on I recall, but it's been a few months since I've done anything but power it up to grab a file. It's been rebuilt a few times now to try and fix this, so it's possible there was nothing at all on the box.

I emailed customer service back on the 9th to process a refund (as suggested by Cody) but I haven't heard back yet - I sent a follow-up email just now.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements