× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I Access Time Machine backup files outside of Time Machine?

alaskajen616
Follower

Can I Access Time Machine backup files outside of Time Machine?

I have successfully setup Time Machine using my new Ready-NAS. Backups are going great. And I can access backed up files using "Enter Time Machine." But I'd also like to be able to access my backup files on the server like I would any folder (like I used to when I backed up files to an external hard drive). Is something like this possible? I'm a relative noob to all of this ... Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I Access Time Machine backup files outside of Time Machine?

Hi @alaskajen616

It should be possible, as long as the TM folder will be shared to another computer.

You may want to check on this thread regarding accessing the files from TM backup.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I Access Time Machine backup files outside of Time Machine?

Hi @alaskajen616

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements