× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I turn off "All Videos" in ReadyDLNA?

Sandshark
Sensei

Can I turn off "All Videos" in ReadyDLNA?

Is there a way to turn off the "All Videos" pseudo-folder than shows up using ReadyDLNA?  I have a number of DVD and Blu-Ray folders in my Videos directory, and the multitde of generically-named files in "All Videos" is just a jumbled mess.  Since I doubt there is a way to select what goes into that folder, I'd like to just disable it to prevent accidentally browsing into it.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I turn off "All Videos" in ReadyDLNA?

Hi @Sandshark

Happy New Year! I don't think there is and ReadyDLNA is pretty much a turn on/off option with features like choosing what media to be scanned on a specific share which has ReadyDLNA enabled.

This is a good Idea to be added so we can post a request on the Ideas exchange board.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

It seems to me that turning off video media (or perhaps all media) in that share would be enough.

But you could also try creating /etc/minidlna.conf.local and put in a setting for root_container there.

# use different container as root of the tree
# possible values:
#   + "." - use standard container (this is the default)
#   + "B" - "Browse Directory"
#   + "M" - "Music"
#   + "V" - "Video"
#   + "P" - "Pictures"
#   + Or, you can specify the ObjectID of your desired root container (eg. 1$F for Music/Playlists)
# if you specify "B" and client device is audio-only then "Music/Folders" will be used as root
root_container=.

If you only care about music (or pictures), this ought to work.  "B" might also help. 

There is a github forum for this here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/

Message 3 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

It's not that I don't want videos available, I could just disable DLNA on that share.  But there are three pseudo-folders, All Video, Recently Added, and Folders when viewing via DLNA.  I really only want the Folders view available, though I could live with Recently Added since it's so much smaller.  The problem is that All Video and Recently Added completely ignore the real folder structure, so all the 00000.mt2s, 00001.mt2s, etc. of the Blu Ray folders and VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB, etc. of the DVD folders show up all in a single, completely useless list.

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

root_container=B might do what you want (based on the rather sketchy description I found above).  

Message 5 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

I'll have to try it when I get a chance, and also take some time to peruse the GitHub forum.

Message 6 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

root_container=B did the trick. 

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

root_container=B did the trick. 

Good to know!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements