× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can no Access Admin Page from Windows Edge

TopDownDriver
Aspirant

Can no Access Admin Page from Windows Edge

Can no longer access the Admin Page of my ReadyNAS NV units using any current browser (Edge, IE, Chrome or Firefox).  We have several of these units and they all behave the same.  They have been working FLAWLESSLY for years! (They are workhorses)

If I try to access the Admin Page, I get the error (Edge): 

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

If I install and use a very old version of Firefox, I can access the Admin Page, but this is very inconvenient.  Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to correct.  I can't go around installing older versions of Firefox on all of the computers here.

RAIDiator 4.1.16 [1.00a043]  (Last available version)

Model: ReadyNAS-NV|ReadyNAS NV
Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can no Access Admin Page from Windows Edge

With Edge I see "This site is not secure".  I click on "details", and see "go on to the webpage".  I click on that, and can access the web ui.

There are similar click-throughs in the current Firefox and Chrome.

Message 2 of 11
TopDownDriver
Aspirant

Those options used to be there.  The only option now is to "Go back to previous page..."

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

I am still seeing them on my system (4.1.16 on the NAS, and Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0)

Message 4 of 11
TopDownDriver
Aspirant

Understood.  That is why I am thinking it is a setting or something on my system.  Hopefully someone can help.

Are you using an Anti-virus or Firewall?

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Symantec Endpoint Protection is running on the PC. In Edge, the setting for "Help protect me from malicious sites ... with Windows Defender SmartScreen" is off.

Bitdefender AV has a web extension that will block the connection.  Are you running that?

Message 6 of 11
TopDownDriver
Aspirant

Not aware of that.  Can you explain?

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Message 8 of 11
TopDownDriver
Aspirant

No difference.  Made all of the changes.  Still same error.

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

If you are using Bitdefender, you might need to clear the browser cache and maybe reboot after you've made those changes??

It's not a package I use though.

Message 10 of 11
TopDownDriver
Aspirant

Re: Can not Access Admin Page from Windows Edge

I will clear the cache and disable the Firewall completely and reboot and see what happens.  BTW - thanks for the assist here!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements