× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Find Duo V1 on the Network after Upgrade to Windows 10

pillick
Aspirant

Can't Find Duo V1 on the Network after Upgrade to Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade (?) and now the ReadyNas Duo V1 has disappeared from the network, no instructions from Netgear that I can find to resolve the problem.  I did see an "End of LIfe, no longer supported" message, which might explain things.  If that's correct I'm more than a little annoyed that Netgear is unable to manage to have the device even be seen on the network so I can recover files.  How hard can that be?  To see the deivice on the network?  End of Life?  Because of a Microsoft OS update?  Seriously?  We tried to stay consistent with brands so this place is full of Netgear stuff.  That was apparently a mistake.  I've supported Netgear and now you tell me it's EOL so I'm just out of luck?  Well, Netgear, if so then this is my EOL message to you; no more, no way.  So is it correct?  End of Life and no support, no method supplied, even suggested for transition?

I can find an old laptop still running an old verson of Windows to get the files, but Netgear... seriously?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
pillick
Aspirant

Re: Can't Find Duo V1 on the Network after Upgrade to Windows 10

That did it  I have no idea WHAT in that list did it, because it pinged correctly, I installed Raidar 6.0 and it didn't seem to find anything different than the earlier version, and the //192.168.1.XX/ took me to the shares page, as before, but now hte NAS shows up in file explorer and my different devices can see and access it.  So solved, thank you.  I don't imagine I have to understand it, right?  As long as it works?

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pillick,

I have some suggestions that may help us detect and access the ReadyNAS in your network. Try the following:

1. Since you can detect and see it in your older PC, try to ping the IP address of your ReadyNAS using CMD or command prompt.

2. Install RAIDar 6.0 in your Windows 10 PC and scan your ReadyNAS device.

3. If you can ping and the RAIDar sees your ReadyNAS, try to access it using \\NAS-IP ADDRESS\  the search box in your task bar or through Windows File Explorer.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

FWIW I am able to access the Duo v1 from my two Windows 10 PCs.  

What firmware is running on the duo?

Message 3 of 6
pillick
Aspirant

That did it  I have no idea WHAT in that list did it, because it pinged correctly, I installed Raidar 6.0 and it didn't seem to find anything different than the earlier version, and the //192.168.1.XX/ took me to the shares page, as before, but now hte NAS shows up in file explorer and my different devices can see and access it.  So solved, thank you.  I don't imagine I have to understand it, right?  As long as it works?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For accessing network shares you would go to \\192.168.1.XX

For network shares slashes go the opposite way to the way they go for a URL. http://192.168.1.XX would redirect to the shares page by default.

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pillick,

You're welcome! As long as it shows up in your network, can ping and access the files, you're all set.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements