× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access admin pages after FW upgrade 6.5.0 to 6.6.0

SenIT
Follower

Can't access admin pages after FW upgrade 6.5.0 to 6.6.0

Hi Folks,

I've noticed a couple threads on this already but they all seem to require logs sent.

NAS was working fine, clicked the button to upgrade to 6.6.0 looked like it all worked.

I try to get to the admin page it lets me log in, then just sits on the spash screen type thing that has netgear readynas logo with version 6.6.0 under it. Never brings up the admin pages. If i leave it sit there after a little time a progress bar pops up and says connecting to the readnas admin page. It gets all the way to the end then goes back to the splash screen.

I've tried it on multiple machines with multiple browsers

RAIDar says its running 6.6.0 and that everything is Heathy

The shares are still working over SMB the nas doesn't do anything other then store files. But i need to get to it cause i need to create some new shares.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you.

Model: RN12P|READYNAS 3200 NETWORK STORAGE SYSTEM - CHASSIS|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can't access admin pages after FW upgrade 6.5.0 to 6.6.0

You should be all fixed up now.  One of your DNS servers is ignoring SRV record lookup requests, which results in long timeouts.  Everything looks fine after removing the bad server from your DNS settings.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Logs would be helpful, yes. Please send them in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have sent you a PM.

Message 3 of 4
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

You should be all fixed up now.  One of your DNS servers is ignoring SRV record lookup requests, which results in long timeouts.  Everything looks fine after removing the bad server from your DNS settings.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements