× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access ready frontview from browser anymore: Readynas business edition

platteau
Aspirant

Can't access ready frontview from browser anymore: Readynas business edition

Until today I have been able to access frontview from my web browser. I get "Authorization failed" when using my bookmark. Tried typing in IP address but it doesn't work. Not sure what to try next.

Model: RNDP6610D-200|ReadyNAS® Pro 6 6TB Unified Storage System|EOL
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Can't access ready frontview from browser anymore: Readynas business edition

Is the IP address reserved in your router or is the NAS set to use a static IP?  If neither, then it sounds like the IP address changed.  RAIDar is you best bet to check that.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't access ready frontview from browser anymore: Readynas business edition

What browser are you using?

Can you still access the shares?

Message 2 of 11
platteau
Aspirant

I am using chrome. I can access all of the files.

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Did you get the failure after you entered the username (admin) and password?  Or did it fail before that?

Message 4 of 11
platteau
Aspirant

The login window doesn't come up. Maybe I am entering the wrong info in my browser. What should I enter?

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@platteau wrote:

The login window doesn't come up. Maybe I am entering the wrong info in my browser. What should I enter?

https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the real NAS ip address of course).

There will be a security warning you need to click through (that has been the case for a very long time).

That will look something like this:

warning.png

If you are seeing something like this, you need to click on "advanced", and then click on the link that says "proceed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (unsafe)".

This warning is because the NAS uses a self-signed certificate, which cannot be verified by the browser.

Message 6 of 11
platteau
Aspirant

This is the message I get

This site can’t be reached

IP address took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

There are no proxies check and the firewall is off.
Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

What status does RAIDar give you?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Also, what status is on the LCD panel?

Have you tried simply restarting the NAS?

Message 8 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

Is the IP address reserved in your router or is the NAS set to use a static IP?  If neither, then it sounds like the IP address changed.  RAIDar is you best bet to check that.

Message 9 of 11
platteau
Aspirant

The server is running RAIDar 4.2.3. RAIDar won't run on my imac since I updated to Catalina.

I have rebooted the readynas several times. I have no problem access any files on the server. Just can't connect to frontview.

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@platteau wrote:

The server is running RAIDar 4.2.3.

Hopefully you mean 4.2.31.

@platteau wrote:

RAIDar won't run on my imac since I updated to Catalina.

I have rebooted the readynas several times. I have no problem access any files on the server. Just can't connect to frontview.

There are several possibilities here, including a filling OS partition. 

Do you have experience using the linux command line interface?  If you are, you could boot in tech support mode and do some checking.

If not, then the best options would be

• back up the NAS and do a factory reset.
  • Contact Netgear paid support (via my.netgear.com).  Per-incident support would be less than $100 - though @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V might need to help faciliate that.

If you decide on the factory reset, you should consider converting your Pro to OS-6.

@platteau wrote:

I have no problem access any files on the server. 

Do you have a backup of the files?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements