× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access to admin page RN104

Serych
Aspirant

Can't access to admin page RN104

Hi All,

Please tell me, if I do OS reinstall is my data on RN104 device still good??
I still access to my data now from the File Explorer, but can't access to admin page in Frontview because forgot my password. With OS reinstall I want to move to default admin credentials.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't access to admin page RN104

@Serych wrote:

Hi All,

The OS reinstall is designed to preserve your data.  It will reset the admin password, and also reset the network configuration to use DHCP.  If you are using both ethernet connections you should disconnect one (because network aggregation won't be configured after the OS reinstall completes).  It also turns off volume quota, so you'd need to re-enable that if you use it.

Of course, nothing is completely safe, so you do need to have a backup plan in place for your RN104.  However, the OS reinstall is low risk.

Though it makes some security folks cringe, I suggest writing down the new password and attaching it inside the door of your NAS.  If someone steals the NAS, then they can do the OS reinstall themselves and gain access anyway, so I don't see much extra risk.

Message 2 of 3
Serych
Aspirant

Re: Can't access to admin page RN104

@StephenB "If someone steals the NAS, then they can do the OS reinstall themselves and gain access anyway, so I don't see much extra risk." Smiley Wink Me too!

@StephenB wrote:

@Serych wrote:

Hi All,

The OS reinstall is designed to preserve your data.  It will reset the admin password, and also reset the network configuration to use DHCP.  If you are using both ethernet connections you should disconnect one (because network aggregation won't be configured after the OS reinstall completes).  It also turns off volume quota, so you'd need to re-enable that if you use it.

Of course, nothing is completely safe, so you do need to have a backup plan in place for your RN104.  However, the OS reinstall is low risk.

Though it makes some security folks cringe, I suggest writing down the new password and attaching it inside the door of your NAS.  If someone steals the NAS, then they can do the OS reinstall themselves and gain access anyway, so I don't see much extra risk.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements